ER Business Partner
A leading international law firm is looking for an Employee Relations Business Partner to join a small specialist team. The ER Business Partner will working alongside the Senior ER Manager to develop the ER function and ensure that the ensure that it is meeting the strategic objectives of the Firm
- Help to position ER as a strategic function within the wider HR team, across client groups and across the UK offices, working to create a Centre of Excellence
- Provide pragmatic, commercial and informed advice and support on all ER matters including policies, collective activities such as restructures and TUPE, individual ER cases
- Advise on complaints and claims, including Employment Tribunal claims;
- Coach and support members of the UK HR team in order for them to maintain and development their knowledge and expertise in the day to day management of ER matters
- Work with the Learning and Development team to develop and deliver training to audiences outside of the HR team, on topics where ER is an element.
- Monitor and act on legislative changes in good time as well as identifying relevant trends and court/tribunal decisions that may impact the firm
- Proactively manage own continuous professional development and supporting that of the ER team and wider team
- Work with the ER Advisor and HRIS team on analysing and reporting on ER activities and trends across the UK
- Graduate or equivalent, CIPD qualified and ideally but not essentially with a higher qualification in Employment Law
- Solid knowledge and understanding of UK employment law, codes of practice, case law etc.
- Practical experience of ER, preferably within a regulated environment. Ideally, this will include experience of complaints and claims e.g. the early conciliation process, ET claims etc
- HR background with previous experience of building effective relationships with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of managing heavy caseloads alongside project, policy and reporting activities
- An understanding of wider HR functions and how their activities overlap with those of the ER team
- The ability to collate and analyse data and to present, at a level of detail appropriate to the audience, the findings and trends.
- Strong influencing skills