HR Business Partner - Ops/Sales
A Generalist HR Business Partner - Ops/Sales role with an emphasis on areas such as ER, managing absence and performance.
Additional HR solutions to support business performance include recruitment, Apprenticeship Scheme, Continuous Professional Development, and Employee Experience.
You will be a true Generalist with strong experience in ER, managing absence and performance. Ideally you will have experience working closely will Ops/Sales teams.
Our client in the west Oxfordshire area is going through a key period of growth.
Reporting to the People Director this HR Business Partner - Ops/Sales role in Witney will be responsible for supporting on the delivery of the People Strategy. This will include the following:
- Design and delivery of HR solutions to support business performance including (but not limited to) recruitment, retention, Performance Management, Career Pathways, Employee Experience and Management Development.
- This role will have a particular focus on managing absence and performance management.
- Design practical tool-kits - e.g. an absence management toolkit
- Provide coaching and advice to Branch Managers on complex employee issues e.g. grievances, disciplinaries, redundancies, mental health, capability.
- Supports the People Director on the identification and management of talent.
- Proactively identifies underlying people trends and works with the Branch Manager to agree improvement plans.
- Assist in the design and delivery of workshops.
- Ensure that all people policies and procedures are compliant with employment legislation and best practice.
To apply for this HR Business Partner - Ops/Sales role in Witney, your profile will closely match:
- Generalist HRBP experience.
- Broad range of case management experience.
- Experience of leading projects in some of the following areas: Absence Management, Performance Management, Career Management, Learning, Talent Management.
- Up to date employment law knowledge.
- CIPD qualification.
- Intellectually curious
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert to coach and guide managers.
- Able to adapt communication styles for variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates active listening and interprets client requirements in a pragmatic and "process-light" way.
- Coaches and develops rather than "tells".
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic ability.
- Proactively identifies trends and owns development of solutions.
This role offers a competitive benefits package.