Head of Wellbeing
Head of Wellbeing
Your new company
My client are a long standing and highly successful specialist service provider with a heritage of over 100 years and have performed very strongly during the last 12 months. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Wellbeing to join the business, based out of their Crewe Head office post Covid with c1/2 days per week home working flexibility.
Your new role
The Head of Wellbeing will be responsible for the development of an engaging wellbeing strategy for my client and its external clients employees. They will provide strategic and operational Wellbeing leadership across all areas of the organisation and will act as an Ambassador showing the business as a thought leader in the industry. They will help develop products that meet consumer needs and align with their vision "The Best of Health".
Working closely with the HR and Sales functions, the Head of Wellbeing will provide technical expertise to the sales process to drive growth. This will enable my client to provide an informed and fully consultative sales process.
The Head of Wellbeing will be responsible for raising awareness of wellbeing activities and driving a culture that promotes healthy lifestyles and positive mental health.
Develop a wellbeing strategy that encourages employees to engage with their own wellbeing
- Create and implement the wellbeing strategy that successfully achieves business objectives, creating a happier, healthier and more productive workforce.
- To work in partnership with the Product Development team to develop their product offering, looking at potential M&As and considering future and existing third-party relationships
- Work with Executive team and senior managers to create and embed a wellbeing strategy that meets the needs of their employees and external clients
- Utilise internal and external resources to drive awareness sessions across all four pillars of wellbeing
- Responsible for the implementation of a wellbeing communication plan including intranet content
An Ambassador and thought leader for my client in the wellbeing market
- Speak at conferences, seminars and in industry press about their services and product offering, showing them as a thought leader in the industry
- Work in collaboration with Marketing to develop engaging content / presentations which attract audiences to events
- Attend conference, webinars and research other relevant sources to keep on top of wellbeing market trends, and future developments, helping keep their offering relevant and market leading
Help develop Products in line with their vision
- Using research, work with product development to look for product gaps within the wellbeing market, design new products and partnerships and review existing offerings accordingly
Provide technical expertise to the sales process to drive growth
- Assist the Sales & Retention teams by training them on new and existing wellbeing products, including product design & features to drive sales growth
- Attend tenders and pitches as required by the Sales & Retention teams, in order to drive sales growth and improve retention, cross and upselling.
- Provide positive wellbeing case studies to the Marketing team which can be translated into relevant content for use by the Sales & Retention teams
Develop a wellbeing network
- Establish relationships and develop a network of wellbeing experts under each of the four pillars of wellbeing to help the business stay relevant with its overall offering and thought leadership. The network can be used to assist clients with particular concerns, provide latest industry thinking, develop new products and produce content for social media platforms.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven generalist expert in all areas of wellbeing / four pillars
- Role model the organisations values and behaviours and encourage others to do the same
- Responsible for wellbeing related Audit and Risk actions.
- Ensure all relevant wellbeing policies and procedures are up to date, fit for purpose and are being adhered to
- Provide relevant wellbeing content to support training, inductions, and raise employee awareness
- Responsible for the development of a wellbeing dashboard and monthly reporting against agreed KPIs
- Drive continuous improvement by actively seeking employee feedback through targeted wellbeing surveys, interpret and act on results Knowledge
Skills and Experience
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to present all levels through various mediums
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and positively influence at all levels
* Flexibility to attend seminars, industry specific conferences, forums etc
* Proficient in using all social media applications to drive the wellbeing message
* Used to designing, delivering and embedding a wellbeing strategy
* Is up to date with market intelligence and knows what our competitor offerings are
* Possesses a broad wellbeing network to draw from
* Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with a Sales function to generate a sales pipeline
* Ability to work under pressure
* Proven experience of leading change programmes
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of c£60,000-£80,000 plus a 10% bonus, private medical, very generous holiday entitlement and pension program and the flexibility to work 1 or 2 days a week from home, post Covid-19. The role is likely to be fully remote until post summer 2021 and full home office equipment and broadband costs will be covered by the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.