An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for a large national fundraising Charity within the Health sector, based in Central London, as a Communications Assistant with the Marketing team. (Home working initially)
Our client, is a large National fundraising Charity within the Health sector and are looking for a Communications Assistant on a Permanent basis. Based in Central London (eventually) this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to progress their career to the next level.
The role of Communications Assistant will support the communications manager and digital communications officer in delivering the charity's digital communications strategy focused on increasing awareness and engagement.
- Operate the content management system (CMS) for the charity's website keeping the site updated and ensuring that the website is optimised for search engines (SEO)
- Support the digital communications officer to ensure the website is delivering the objectives, accessible, maintained and secure
- Review the site regularly checking content is fresh and conforms to the house style
- Respond to results of analytics, monitoring KPIs and make changes where necessary as agreed with the team.
- Create and co-ordinate a content plan for social media with the digital communications officer and implement processes for internal input
- Post content and engage with online stakeholders on the charity's social media channels (currently Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Monitor queries and complaints received via social media to ensure these are fed back to the appropriate team and dealt with swiftly
- Ensure communications on social media are in line with the charity's digital communications strategy and social media policy
- Support with monitoring and sharing of monthly analytical reports on social media with wider teams.
- Support the digital communications officer with email communications and help embed email processes across the organisation
- Create the charity's enewsletter in Mailchimp and work with the digital communications officer on content
- Support other teams in using Mailchimp
- Facilitate the use of data from the charity's client relationship management (CRM).
- Support external communications with social advertising campaigns, working with an external agency and potentially managing some campaigns internally.
- Contribute to the writing and editing of impactful copy to use across a range of the charity's communication channels, including website news stories, social media, marketing publications and other materials
- Ensure all copy is optimised for search engines when published online
- Create and edit digital graphics for use online
- Support with producing videos, podcasts, photography, including editing of videos, and optimise reach when published
- Follow processes to manage the capturing and safe storage of consent for any media produced, where appropriate
- Turn charity publications into interactive e-publications.
The successful candidate will have the following;
- Recent relevant experience in a Communications Assistant / digital communications role
- A degree / further education, ideally focused around Marketing
- Website, CMS, design and copywriting experience
- A passion for either the Charity or Healthcare sector
- Experience of filming / editing videos
- Proven ability to write and edit engaging copy for different audiences across varied communication channels
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
This is an excellent opportunity to build on recent experience within a similar role.