Benefits & Payroll Advisor
Our client is committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in their people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. They want their people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that they respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, our client encourages thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Their HR team are there to support their people and the People Services team support all operational HR queries to support their HR Business Partners, Recruitment Team and L&D Team. They strive to deliver a first-class HR service to their customers through continuous improvement and using their technology to their best advantage.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced payroll and benefits advisor to come in and learn our clients current systems and reporting methods, but then look to improve in areas using your skills and experience. This role will require you to accurately coordinate the monthly payroll submission for the UK and Australia offices, and to submit in a timely fashion to the respective contact for processing the payroll.
You will be the main point of contact for all payroll related queries and make sure pay is correct for starters, leavers and employee pay changes during each month. This will involve accurately capturing pay types within the payroll preparation, for example - allowances, deductions, bonus payments, holiday pay, PILON, employee referral bonuses.
The successful candidate will work alongside the HR Operations Coordinators to ensure employees are enrolled and de-enrolled as appropriate, and employee benefits changes are completed accurately and efficiently. For example, pension contribution changes, PMI deductions, Cycle to Work deductions.
Payroll lead for the annual company-wide pay review and annual bonus payroll preparation and submission to company provider.
To support the Finance department with the annual P11D preparation activity.
To keep accurate records for payroll and suggest ways to improve the speed and efficiency of current payroll processes, particularly developing paper-free capability where possible.
Develop payroll reporting capability; for example, overtime reporting, anomaly payroll reporting and planning ahead for payroll statutory pay changes, where appropriate.
Support advance payments where required in conjunction with Finance and reconcile accurately in the next available payroll month.
- The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Significant payroll experience and well developed payroll skills with a strong understanding of UK payroll legislation and pay types.
- Strong relationship building skills and customer service ethos to maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders, including Finance, third party payroll, HRBPs and HR Operations team
- Strong attention to detail to effectively manage our payrolls in a professional and confidential manner, in line with the GDPR 2018 regulations.
- Experience of P11D preparation, handling pay queries, annual bonus payments and annual company pay review
- Strong understanding of payroll and benefits processes including pension, salary sacrifice schemes and private medical insurance schemes as a payroll subject matter expert.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- CIPP preferred (qualified, working towards or part-qualified)
- International and/or Australian payroll experience highly desirable
- Understanding of HR processes and employment law would be a distinct advantage
- Exposure to salary review processes would be an advantage
- Happy To Talk Flexible Working
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.