Senior Global Talent Manager
The Senior Global Talent Manager is responsible for the delivery of talent, succession planning, performance management and leadership development programmes.
This role defines and provides global guidelines for talent succession and development review and Performance management processes and works closely with the region's HRDs in provide meaningful information and insights to support decision-making in people matters, with a data-driven focus.
FTSE 250 Professional Services business
Over 8,000 headcount globally
- Work as Center of Expertise, defining global talent review strategy, providing necessary expertise and support to the HRDs from all regions on the framework and how to deliver the process, coordinating data collection;
- Work closely with the HRDs to deliver the talent, succession and development review
- Map talent pool through the talent reporting and analytics and translating into insights that drive people related action plans and decisions at every level;
- Ensure updated people data to inform and support the business on the decision making process in regards to leadership and critical positions, strategic plans, such as succession planning;
- Provide comprehensive management reporting to the Executive Board, the Main Board and the senior leadership teams within the business and HR;
- Develop, initiate and support the implementation of innovative and effective people strategy actions to ensure a strong pipeline of successors, top talent and required capabilities are met in the short, medium and long term;
- Have a comprehensive view and understanding of all regional practices;
- Conduct skills gap analyses in partnership with HRDs based on business context and goals to determine future capabilities needs;
- Assess talent management processes in all regions to design and ensure that practices are globally aligned and locally relevant, and consistently implemented in a structured way;
- Other ad hoc projects related to Talent Management, i.e. Leadership development programmes (GDA and other), Leadership Development activity, bespoke or collective;
Performance Management :
- Be accountable for the annual process, i.e. appraisal windows, comms, completion and reports
- Manage all relevant relationships with stakeholders (Business Technology, Finance, HR, etc)
- Connect Performance Management with Talent Management processes and ensure a consistent approach
- Ensure there sufficient communication briefings, training materials, handbooks and deliver training sessions and demos to the HR community globally
- Influence the strategic development roadmap for the future, analyze gaps, propose relevant solutions and prioritise as required
- Drive and liaise with IT Business Partner regarding new developments or integrations, represent the HR needs and provide support in change processes as SME
- Consolidate, analyse and maintain accurate and updated people data to inform and support the business on the decision making process in regards to leadership and critical positions, strategic plans, such as succession planning, international mobility, career planning;
- Conduct adhoc skill gap analysis to determine Leadership Development needs
- Design engaging Leadership Development programmes
- Ensure Leadership Development programs are following a high-standard of quality (analyse feedback, track effectiveness, ROI etc.)
- Identify, engage and manage external providers (consultants, trainers, facilities, etc.)
- Other ad hoc projects related to Leadership development programmes (GDA and other), Leadership Development activity, bespoke or collective;
Skills / Qualification / Experience:
- Excellent analytic skills. Ability to transform data into meaningful information, providing creative and feasible solutions to achieve business objectives through talent practices;
- Active Business Intelligence. Strong strategic and business awareness capabilities, curiosity in gaining a good understanding of the business - the market, challenges, business models, principles and processes (particularly for the recruitment industry)
- Technical/Functional Competence: An excellent knowledge of HR processes and practices, practices, methods and programs, as well as strong process and project management skills.
- Behavioural Competence. Establishing strong credible relationships with HRBPs. Excellent personal interaction and behaviour which supports forward thinking, drive, listening and empathy;
- Excellent communication skills: providing clear guidance and coordination of global processes, being able to effectively communicate the value and future worth of talent management practices to the company's senior leadership, as well as communicate high-level insights to HRDs.
- Understanding of how to work with and be proactive in an environment of continuous change and cultural diversity, and an ability to support and define actions that meet challenges;
- A passionate, self-motivated team player who is at ease collaborating with virtual / cross-functional teams and working with minimal direction.
11 month contract