Head of HR (Retail)
Do you have a strong HR background working in Retail?
Are you used to leading teams of 3-5 people?
We are excited to work with our retail client in their search for a full time permanent Head of HR.
They are actively recruiting for an experienced HR leader from the retail industry, therefore you will have a strong working HR background work in retail businesses of at least 1000 employees, managing a team of at least 5 people, including senior HRBP level. You will have the ability to work in a lean team and comfortable with 'hands on' work.
About the role
- You will support the day to day management of the HR team
- Collaborate with managers within the business, including the international teams
- Work with Global Head to establish and roll-out the superior people related strategy.
- You will provide and build detailed HR reports to the Senior Leadership team that articulates the people experience through data and storytelling
- You will manage talent pools and drive succession plans to foster career development within the UK
- Coach people-managers at various levels to be effective leaders
- Utilises ER trends to solve any underlying HR issues
- Ensure that all HR projects are delivered in line with the overall people plan.
- Support on ER matters relating to absence management, performance, conduct, flexible working, risk assessments, occupational health and on any commercial exits.
About you - essential experience
- Strong retail experience, where the employee is responsible for delivering individual KPIs
- Strong commercial experience
- You have supported a headcount of 1000+ employees as a minimum
- Proven record of building and implementing new people processes
- Ability to flex between tactics and the finer detail
- Proven record of collaborating with HR Ops, L&D and the Talent/Recruitment team
- Proven record of inspiring field based leaders and championing a high performance culture
- Ability to work in a lean team and comfortable with 'hands on' work