Human Resources Manager based in Essex £50/60K
Your new company
A HR Manager is required for an SME Construction company that specialises in commercial and residential projects. This is a newly created and exciting standalone role, which requires an experienced HR Manager that has worked within the Construction sector.
Working with the Managing Director you will be responsible for setting up the HR function, creating policies and processes, implementing a people plan and delivering a broad range of generalist HR services. This is both a strategic and operational role and requires a manager that is hands on and comfortable with both operational and strategic work. You will drive forward the HR strategy ensuring that all company strategies, policies and procedures are being implemented correctly and effectively, and ensuring that the company is legally compliant with all HR related legislation
* Create policies and processes, and continuously review and implement changes where necessary
* Implementation a people plan and HR strategies to support business objectives
* Development of compensation and benefits offering
* Create an Employee Handbook
* Deliver Project Leadership -accountable for and participate in, leading and delivering project initiatives. This includes all activities relating to either client initiatives or specific HR
* Devise strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development
* Manage employee relations issues such as grievance, disciplinary, redundancy, termination, performance and absence management.
* Recruitment and selection, succession and talent planning
* Devise plans and techniques to drive change and culture
* Produce reports/statistics for monitoring purposes, to include analysis and suggestions for improvement
What you'll need to succeed
This role would suit a HR Manager that has worked within a standalone role or has previously set up a HR department. You will enjoy working autonomously and like to identify new opportunities for continuous improvement within HR
* HR Generalist Management experience
* Experience of working within the Construction sector
* Strong employment law knowledge
* Hands on and willing to assist in all operational matters
* CIPD Qualified or equivalent
* Autonomous self-starter able to manage own workload
* Ability to build key stakeholder relationships
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that is growing. You will have the scope to set up the HR function and implement the people plan. A competitive salary of £50/60K Private Healthcare, car/ car allowance, 28 days holiday, pension. Flexible working available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.