Training & Development Manager
- Full Time
Training & Development Manager
Your new company
My client are a national charity who works to transform the lives of disabled children and their families, enabling them to challenge the barriers they face throughout childhood by providing practical and emotional support. This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-moving Charity at a time when it will attract national and international attention. Based at their state of the art facility in Staffordshire, they are now looking to hire an experienced Training & Development Manager to join their HR team.
Your new role
My client is looking to hire a talented and results orientated Training Development Manager to join their innovative team in order to research, lobby, influence then be instrumental in re-writing the national standards for how neurodiversity is managed in education. You will work collaboratively with the Research and Clinical Team to harness content from internal and external sources, then manage the creation, formulation and delivery of training both as in-person workshops and training courses, and using online and new-media methodologies.
You will ultimately use your existing knowledge and contacts within the Education Sector to advocate change, empowering communities from the ground up.
- Research and compile content from national and international sources.
- Work with Family Engagement and relevant managers to conduct training and needs analysis for families and young people living with disabilities and people working in health, social care and education settings in the UK.
- Based on this research and needs analysis, develop and embed a best in class suite of workshops and training sessions.
- Explore and develop a digital platform to host the workshops.
- Deliver and support others to deliver (face to face and virtually) workshops and training for children and families.
- Obtain outcomes from the workshops and, coordinating with the Clinical Team, provide analysis and recommendations.
- Coordinate with Heads of Department to develop strategy for training packages for children, families and people working in health, social care and education settings.
- Develop and deliver training on a large scale to teachers, external educational departments and social care workers on best practice.
- Provide regular, accurate reporting on all aspects of training activity (content, hours and spend), drawing insights and analysis to ensure commercial decisions around training and workshop development.
- Contribute to needs analysis, development and delivery of training in new service areas as needs arise, for example transition into employment and associated training for employers, their employees and prospective employees.
- Provide any information as and when requested by the CEO or Directorate in an accurate, coherent and consistent format.
- In collaboration with Service Delivery Leads, work with the team to review, write and develop content appropriate for identified audiences as required.
- Support junior team members and apprentices to research, develop and deliver content as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Governance Lead and Registered Manager, contribute to reviewing, revising and formulating policies and procedures and promote their implementation across the Charity as relevant
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience.
- Experienced in design and delivery of healthcare and professional services training and development of content on a digital platform.
- Thorough knowledge of educational standards in SEND and managing neurodiversity.
- Strong business partner, experienced at working effectively in an expert capacity with technical and non-technical stakeholders and teams at all levels.
- Proven commitment to continuous improvement and ability to self-manage operational projects.
- Agility to manage competing demands in a complex programme environment.
- Some flexibility to meet the needs of the business may be required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to present complex information.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent collaboration, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative independently with evidence of high level autonomous decision making.
- Proven track record of strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to formulate, prioritise and adjust plans as required.
- Ability to lead a number of projects simultaneously and deliver to agreed timescales.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to direct, manage and motivate staff to achieve optimum performance.
- Experience of interpreting national strategy and legislation and developing appropriate strategic plans and policies.
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of up to £40,000 plus a bonus, generous holiday entitlement and wider benefits platform.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Training & Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly