5 days left
- Full Time
HR Officer, Cardiff, up to £31,000
Your new company
Hays HR are delighted to recruit a HR Officer for our B2B Client who are based in Cardiff. In this role you will fully support the HR Manager in providing a comprehensive, professional and confidential HR Services to the Business and it's Key Stakeholders. This highly successful business has grown in strength over the last 5 years, reporting year on year profits. This truly is a superb opportunity to strengthen your HR Career to date.
Your new role
- To maintain data on the HR and payroll database including input of starters, leavers and employee and organisational changes and to ensure data is timely and accurate and in line with data protection legislation.
- To maintain professional electronic and paper records to satisfy procedures and statutory requirements. To regularly review the records to ensure that they are accurate and up to date and in line with data protection requirements.
- To support HRM in recruitment activities for the business to ensure the required headcount is achieved and high quality staff are employed within agreed budgets to meet the needs of the business.
- To assist the HRM in providing a comprehensive HR advisory service to all Company managers and staff to ensure that the Company follows best practice in the management of its staff and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- To provide effective communication to managers and staff in conjunction with the HRM.
- To advise managers and staff on all aspects of terms and conditions.
- To manage the process with regards to flexible working changes when requests are received by the business and at all agreed review stages (normally 3 month's trial period and annual review). To ensure that all requests are dealt with in a timely manner and ensure that appropriate communication occurs at all stages.
- To maintain individual sickness absence records and monthly Company records to produce management information aimed at reducing sickness levels within the Company.
- To assist managers in counselling employees to improve their overall attendance levels; to endeavour to achieve the company target of 2% or less each financial year.
- To take the lead on maternity/shared parental leave/paternity/adoption and flexible working matters, ensuring records are maintained and annual reviews carried out.
- To undertake disciplinary hearings as the HR representative for all attendance and timekeeping issues and any other issues that occur by agreement with the HRM in line with the Company's policy and the ACAS code.
- To undertake grievance hearings as the HR representative by agreement with the HRM and to aim to guide the line managers through the process to satisfactory conclusion; both meeting the needs of the Company and the individual in line with the Company's policy and the ACAS code.
- To administer the probation process and records and deal with performance issues as they arise; keeping the HRM informed on a monthly basis and to advise the HRM when a salary change is required.
- To administer the Company pension schemes and ensure correct contributions are deducted each month. To liaise with the HRM/payroll agency and financial advisers as required. To act as the first point of contact for pension queries and ensure auto-enrolment legislation requirements are met. To arrange for any advisor visits as and when required. To ensure that all TPR declarations are completed in a timely manner.
- To administer the private health scheme for the Company including starters, leavers and changes ensuring data is correct and up to date for the annual renewal process and for the P11d submission. To monitor the claims information to ensure the business is aware of the status of the scheme, on a monthly basis, until conclusion in the scheme year and ready for the renewal each year.
- To administer the expenses system (Concur) including inputting starters, leavers and changes and produce reports where necessary. Also be a point of contact for expenses queries. To liaise with the Account Manager/Financial Controller as and when necessary to escalate any issues out of HRO's control.
- To undertake exit interviews for voluntary leavers of the business to understand the reasons for leaving and communicate to the relevant parties for appropriate action to be taken.
- To be responsible for the administration of the payroll each month:
- To be the key point of contact for receipt of payroll information from the management team within the business.
- To input payroll data into the payroll system in an accurate and timely manner, meeting the payroll deadlines agreed with the payroll management service.
- To advise and guide managers and verify the authorisation process of the self-service system. - To liaise with the payroll management service to ensure that information is collated in a timely manner to meet payroll deadlines.
- To undertake CIS verifications, on-line submissions and provide individual statements each month.
- To provide line managers with payroll information as appropriate to assist with cost management especially in relation to overtime.
- To agree the payroll with the HR manager, Financial Controller and Finance Director each month and instruct the commit to the payroll management service provider on time for the payments to be made to each individual by the pay date each month.
- To be responsible for verification of the reconciliation of the payroll each month and to ensure that the "year-end" process (including CIS) is accurate and free of errors and submitted on time to HMRC in line with statutory requirements.
- To administer the P11d process on an annual basis and the P46 car information quarterly to ensure that the Company complies with the HMRC requirements and line with the statutory deadlines.
- To create and match the payroll timetable with payroll management provider at the start of each tax year and to communicate the timetable to the business.
- To manage the reward and recognition scheme for the business to ensure that employees are recognised for excellent work in a timely manner.
- To assist HRM for the maintenance of the 'Investors in People' accreditation as and when required.
- To undertake HR projects and proactively research to enable to business to make informed decisions.
- To support the HR Manager with the Transfer (TUPE) processes, normally service to services transfers in the consultation and employment processes until conclusion.
- To deputise for the HRM when absent.
- To undertake any reasonable and suitable requests by management.
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional, confidential and efficient HR service
- High level of customer service both external and internally across the organisation
- High level of staff morale in line with the values of the organisation
- Support the development of continuous improvement culture within the HR department of the Company
- High level of health, safety and legal compliance
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for HR Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly