HR Manager (6 Month FTC)
HR Manager (6 Month FTC)
We are Mental Health Innovations (MHI), a digital mental health charity that develops new ways to help people have conversations about mental health.
We passionately believe that technology can help improve mental health outcomes in the UK. We combine digital innovation, data-driven analysis and the experience of clinical experts to transform lives and improve access to high-quality digital resources.
We are now on the lookout for an HR Manager to join and support our team in the UK and New Zealand for a six month, fixed term contract which has the potential to extend.
- Salary of £38,000 - £45,000 pro rata
- Private medical insurance
- Competitive pension
- Company electronic devices
- 25 days’ annual leave pro rata (plus public holidays)
- Varied work with excellent development opportunities
- Flexible arrangements considered
This is the ideal role for an HR professional who is seeking an exciting, varied role within a thriving start-up environment.
You’ll discover ample opportunities for personal growth and development and a dedicated and talented team just waiting for the support and direction that an exceptional HR professional can bring to the workplace.
So, if you are ready to develop, grow and make an impact, this is the role for you.
As the HR Manager, you will deliver our HR systems and processes to the entire team at MHI.
Developing and delivering all aspects of our HR estate, you will be involved in everything from day-to-day operational functions to policy development, providing advice to Senior Management, Recruitment and L&D.
Maintaining and developing current HR systems, you will seek to improve their efficiency and ensure they follow best practice. You will manage day-to-day employee relations and HR administration, maintaining your knowledge of legislation and best practice in the UK and New Zealand.
Equality, diversity and inclusion will be a major focus for our organisation moving forwards. As such, you will oversee the development of our inclusion and diversity activity and monitor and report on EDI performance, ensuring we have the right metrics in place and changes are made (where appropriate) and embedded within our policies.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide expert advice and practical support on employee issues
- Support and develop our recruitment practices
- Research and advise on policy and procedure, legislation and best practice
- Assist with the maintenance of the Staff Handbook
- Support payroll administration
To be considered as an HR Manager, you will need:
- Successful experience of delivering an efficient and effective HR service, including the development of new systems
- Current and comprehensive knowledge of HR practice, employment law and GDPR
- Good experience of successfully advising on employee relations issues
- A CIPD level 5 qualification or equivalent
- The ability to think strategically as well as operationally, demonstrating logical, practical, effective decision making
- A strong understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- An adaptable nature and resilience within start-up environments
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and an ability to build respectful relationships across and outside the organisation
- The ability to influence, motivate and inspire cultural and behaviour change across the organisation
- Passion for creating a fully inclusive environment where people are valued for their contribution
Previous experience of working within the charity sector would be desirable but is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role HR Generalist, Senior HR Advisor, Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Business Partner, HRBP, or HR Business Partner.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 9th April 2021.
Webrecruit and Mental Health Innovations are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an HR Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.