Senior HR Advisor
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Senior HR Advisor
Reporting to the Head of HR this role is responsible for all generalist HR activities for 800 employees across 3 bakery production sites. This role will work in close co-operation with the Head of HR, Managers, and their teams.
What you will contribute
- Act as a partner to all managers in their area of responsibility understanding their business priorities and agreeing appropriate HR interventions – to ensure all members of their teams are provided with a work environment which enables best performance and productivity.
- Provide advice, guidance, coaching and hands on support across a range of people matters, employee relations and in best practices around leading change and in managing and engaging their teams to ensure a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Effectively deliver best practice people policies and processes– ensuring that moments that matter to all employees (e.g., induction, job changes and promotions etc) are managed well - do the ordinary extraordinarily well.
- Work with the HR and Training Assistants to optimise administrative processes and ensure all HR and Training records are maintained consistently and accurately and in compliance with GDPR and other statutory requirements.
- Work with the Head of HR to ensure that all policies are updated in line with changes in legislation and managers are made aware of these changes as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Communications and Community Lead to ensure effective communication to all employees.
- In conjunction with Head of HR support effective management of industrial relations– ensuring good relationships with recognised unions.
- Provide reports of all KPIs and people metrics as required by managers, identifying trends and opportunities for improvements and actions.
What you will bring
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of generalist HR within a manufacturing business – including managing ER/IR situations
- Understanding and experience of HR interventions which drive business productivity and performance.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching managers and employees.
- Demonstrable commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity and role modelling proactive flexible and inclusive behaviours.
- The ability to build good relationships and partnerships across the organisation for which they are responsible.
- The ability to make logical, well-balanced, and reasoned decisions.
- A commitment to people development and the organisational values and behaviours that underpins the culture and value of the business.
Key interfaces: Managers and Employees
Dimensions: c. 800 employees
Competitive Salary with Benefits
About Frank Roberts & Sons
Our family business knows a thing or two about baking bread – and challenging traditions. From the [KM1] moment we started in 1887, we’ve taken a fresh approach.
Roberts Bakery began as a grocery store, but one that sold freshly baked bread to the residents of Northwich in the heart of Cheshire. We’re still based in the same lovely town, and our bakery is a local landmark. Everyone here knows our iconic cooling towers, with glass walls that show the freshly baked loaves whizzing around on their conveyor belts. While our experimental approach has largely been behind the scenes, our other hallmark has always been firmly centre stage: quality. We use only the finest ingredients to produce delicious bread and other baked goods. At our Little Treats Bakery, we believe everybody deserves a little treat from time to time. So we make, bake and decorate delightfully delicious biscuits and iced treats for everyone to enjoy. Find out more at: www.frank-roberts.co.uk/about-us/