As the HR Manager you will be responsible for the consistent and effective management of HR activities, ensuring that they are aligned to the company culture, values and strategies. The HR Manager will partner the site Manager and operate as a true generalist.
A renowned client operating within the distribution and logistics sector.
As the HR manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, support and deliver employee engagement and change management programs across the site.
- Support operational teams to embed the company culture.
- Give guidance and coaching to management teams to empower all managers to make effective people decisions.
- Provide advice on all aspects of Company policy, best practice, employee relations and employment law.
- Maintain and promote good employee and industrial relations and ensure employee relations issues are dealt with at an early stage.
- Support, coach and develop the site HR Advisor.
- Support capability development, retention and succession of on site management teams.
- Assist and provide guidance in grievance and disciplinary issues up to and including dismissal and appeal stage.
- Build strong relationships with trade union.
- Ensure a culture of trust based on open communication, where cooperation is encouraged and reinforced.
- Review HR Management Information and suggest areas of improvement.
- Developing and delivering internal training workshops for managers and employees.
- Support and lead various ad-hoc projects as dictated by the needs of the business unit e.g. TUPE, Restructures, etc.
As the successful HR Manager you will demonstrate:
- Credibility and impact to act as a true business partner to the site management teams.
- Significant experience in a HR Manager role, ideally within a similar environment.
- Experience dealing with complex ER issues.
- Experience with driving forward a performance management agenda.
- Ideally have some experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Strong knowledge of current Employment Law.
- Ability to develop HR strategies and deliver change.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- CIPD qualification is desirable.
As the successful HR Manager you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Company Car/Allowance
- Private Healthcare