HR Manager (based in Germany)
Oakleaf Partnership are recruiting for a standalone HR Manager to be based in Bergkamen, Germany working for a Global Retail/Technology business.
The company are growing exponentially and are currently looking to bring an experienced HR Manager or Business Partner on board to look after their warehouse in Germany. This is a great opportunity to work on a site that will grow considerably over the next year, allowing this individual to shape and nurture the culture and people agenda in conjunction with the London Head Office.
The role will be responsible for all HR matters for the Bergkamen office, reporting into and supported by the London Head Office. You will need to have strong German employment law knowledge and be able to speak fluent German and English. Ability to speak Polish would also be a plus!
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all HR matters for a small team on site with which will grow during peak seasons.
- Operate as the first point of contact for all HR queries.
- Manage and roll out the people agenda from the London office to the Bergkamen site.
- Recruitment of all new permanent and temporary staff for the Bergkamen site, managing the process from start to finish.
- To build and manage a pipeline of candidates, not only in the local area but also from other neighbouring countries.
- Prepare job descriptions and ensure staff approvals forms are completed for each role.
- Look after all new hire / onboarding related processes including drafting contracts and carrying out new starter inductions.
- Manage all probation meetings and tracking.
- Manage all family friendly leave for staff - Maternity, paternity, compassionate.
- Support management with disciplinary processes. Minute meetings.
- Payroll, benefits and time admin recording e.g. holidays, sickness etc.
- Manage all HRIS software related tasks including job changes, vacation, personal information, weekend work and so on, taking into consideration current legal TOIL requirements.
- Manage all processes related to leavers.
- Support on programs for employee development.
- Prepare/attend half-year and year-end meetings, tracking the outcomes.
- Close exchange with Senior Leaders regarding their team and structure needs.
- Be a point of contact for the HR Manager in London, on all thing's employment law.
- Must have previous HR Management or Business partnering experience within a warehouse type of environment.
- Strong ER experience
- Strong understanding of German employment law
- Able to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Fluent in German and English language