HR Advisor 6 months fixed term contract
We have an opportunity for an experienced / or developing HR Advisor who has the capability to supervise 2 x HR assistants and provide a comprehensive HR Generalist HR Advisory service for a busy manufacturing organisation.
Having experience of being able to show good judgement, drive and influence with your peers and stakeholders, you will be able to demonstrate calmness under pressure whilst thinking proactively and integrity. A pragmatic approach to HR Solutions is critical in this highly varied role.
Your experience will include:
- Proven experience in a fast paced, changing environment
- Level 5 CIPD ideally
- Proven experience in people management / ER cases
- Working knowledge of quality associated processes
- Ability to supervise 2 HR Assistants
- Knowledge of Employment Law and ability to draw from this
- Demonstrated experience in managing Employee Relations, Performance Management, and Recruitment
Key areas of focus of the role will be to:
- Advise leaders, bringing to life existing Human Resource Policies, Procedures and Employee Handbook are updated in line with statutory requirements, good practice and the agreed review timetable and that new policies or procedures are introduced, as necessary.
- Keep a CDP, which keeps you up to date with employment law and relevant codes of practice and share with HR and Talent Team and wider leadership team where appropriate.
- Ensure operational HR activities and processes are correctly followed and are accurate and timely advice and guidance is given to managers i.e. Return to Work, PIP, Disciplinary Process.
- Ensure the provision of accurate statistics are offered to HR and Talent Management, which includes timely KPIs for presenting to leadership team.
- Support all aspects of the employee life-cycle e.g. recruitment, starters, leavers, promotions etc.
- Support and assist managers with all people related matters, guiding then through the robust HR policies for managing performance e.g. attendance, disciplinary and capability etc.
- Liaise with the company's Occupational Health Provider to ascertain staff's fitness for work, ensuring that managers are fully briefed, and assistance given to support any recommendations.
- Ensure that at all times the business meets legal obligations and mitigates risk of Employment Tribunal Claims, costs and adverse publicity.
- Assist in the co-ordination of HR activities that fall under the umbrella for the internal Academy i.e. apprenticeships, placements and graduate schemes.
- Administer the company's payroll / pension processes.
- The post holder is required to understand and demonstrate the ability to work flexibly for the benefit of the HR team and for the business and to take on new projects and initiatives that are considered to fall within the duties and responsibilities of the job role.
- Support in the delivery of the strategy for the organisation and HR Department.
This role is initially a 6 months fixed term contract with potential
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.