HR Manager- Permanent
Permanent, HR Manager opportunity with a blend of HR strategy and operations based close to Dyce, Aberdeen.
Industry leading manufacturing business constantly striving for excellence
The HR Manager is accountable for managing and delivering the People Agenda in line with business priorities and the People Strategy priorities.
- Proactively Business Partners with the General Manager, Leadership Team and employees.
- Support the HR Director in implementing the people strategy and roadmaps in support of strategic business objectives
- Provide management with professional guidance on organisational effectiveness and contribute to the implementation of embedment into and adoption by the business of key change initiatives including restructuring exercises
- Coach managers to help their development and effectiveness, providing advice and guidance on their approach to people management and development
- Manage HR Team, providing value added support
- Manage Payroll, Occupational Health
- Effectively manage and deliver full employee lifecycle of people services
- Support HR Director on people policy review and development initiatives in accordance with best practice
- Monitor and manage positive employee relations between trade union representatives and employees. Act as a member of site negotiating team contributing to regular engagement meetings with trade union representatives
- Develop and ensure the successful delivery of a fit for purpose mill wide training plan following a training needs analysis and maximise accessible external training funds
- Develop the capability of the HR team through active talent management processes and development of team for future HR positions
- Deliver a passionate HR service to the business that is both commercially minded, and customer focussed.
- Focus on behaviours for diversity & inclusion by ensuring equality opportunity and fairness in all areas of employment and value the diversity of employees, customers and those living in the communities in which the business has a presence.
- The successful candidate will be a progressive HR professional and a champion of best-practice and change management.
- Experience at HR Manager level, from an organisation that is commercially focused
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Expert knowledge of Employment Law and HR best practice
- Candidates will ideally be qualified to CIPD or equivalent degree experience
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Be able to demonstrate the business values
Competitive Salary Package at Manager Level + Benefits + Bonus potential