HR Advisor (Payroll and Reward)
You will work closely with the HR team to deliver a customer-focused advisory service to the organisation which entails you providing advice, support and guidance on all aspects of HR policies, procedures and processes to support best practice. The successful candidate must be an Excel wizz!
A successful Not for Profit organisation.
- Act as first point of contact for all HR related issues providing consistent, comprehensive and professional advice and support to managers and employees in relation to policies, employee relations and more general enquiries, e.g. annual leave, probationary ensuring where appropriate, queries are escalated to the appropriate senior team member
- Producing and analysis of timely management information and key people metrics for people reporting maximising the use of Excel/HR system and sourcing external bench-marking information as necessary
- Working with managers to enhance their use and understanding of HR policies and processes providing appropriate methods of support e.g. bulletins, tool-kits
- Supporting the business to pro-actively manage HR issues and casework in a timely and compliant manner including support and advice before and at disciplinary/grievance hearings and redundancy consultations, ensuring support is provided and discussion on case management is consultative in nature
- Supporting and advising managers with performance/capability matters arising within probationary process
- Working with the business to ensure timely compliance with relevant legislative and sector requirements e.g. DBS checks, work visas etc.
- Acting as counter-signatory for DBS checks, checking and signing off all DBS applications for all employees / customers and ensuring payment of such, in compliance with regulations/guidance of DBS
- Act as a first point of contact for staff enquiries around our benefits offer and liaise with external providers accordingly around the management and promotion of information
- CIPD qualification (or working towards)
- 2+ years' experience in a HR Advisory position
- Excellent understanding of HR policies & procedures and current HR legislation
- Understands legislative requirements when recruiting employees
- Understands equality and diversity challenges
- Good understanding of flexible working & family friendly policies (e.g. maternity, paternity, adoption)
- Must have proven experience in Employee relations
Consulting, advising and coaching managers with conduct, performance and capability issues including formal meetings such as disciplinary, grievance, and redundancy consultation etc.
- Must have excellent Excel skills
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Excellent employee benefits
- Remote working