Stand alone HR Manager - US machinery manufacturer
2 days left
- Full Time
Due to a rapid growth plan, this is a newly created stand-alone HR Manager role, supporting and partnering the Senior Leadership Team across the UK organisation.
You will be responsible for all the aspects of HR, ranging from dealing with complex ER cases to overseeing the payroll to working on projects such as benefits review.
A US owned market leader in machinery design, working for the UK Operation.
· Keeps abreast of legislation affecting human resources; trains management and monitors company policies to ensure compliance.
· Contributes to the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures. Responds to inquiries regarding these policies and procedures.
· Uses knowledge of human resource functions to ensure policies, procedures and reporting are compliant and consistently applied.
· Approves terminations, and exercises care that reasons are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory.
Understand the business issues, priorities and ensure that HR is supportive of all business decisions involving its people, providing a balanced, evaluated advice and guidance.
· Ensure that Leaders and Supervisors understand, buy into and own the people issues within the business and drive improvements and changes.
· Provide coaching to Leaders and Supervisors in relation to change management and communication, act as point of support to both Employees and the Organisation through periods of change.
Take ownership and process the payroll for weekly and monthly staff. Ensure that appropriate information is gathered and approved and that payroll is processed on time and correctly.
Create a culture of accountability and provide Leaders with the confidence and knowledge to successfully manage their teams.
· Ensure the performance management structure is adhered to and that it utilises tools available and active within the Organisation while ensuring it is fit for the future.
· Manage employee relations cases such as; redundancy, disciplinary, grievance, ill-health etc.
· Advise the Organisation and Senior Management Team on options available in relation to managing the employees, provide clear risk options and make strong recommendations for action.
· Establish and agree the correct KPI measures to monitor the effectiveness of the HR Department.
· Ensure that there is common policy applied across the European offices.
Partner with management to develop staffing strategies for current and future needs; plan and direct activities of staff related to sourcing qualified applicants, screening candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, administering tests, checking backgrounds and references and evaluating overall qualifications; determines internet and other strategies for recruiting qualified candidates.
· Consider cost of recruitment and ensure that the Organisation are recruiting in a variety of ways in order to minimise (as far as possible) the financial implication.
· Understand how the Organisation is perceived in the marketplace and the challenges facing the Organisation and implement plans to mitigate the risk.
· Coordinates activities related to employee recruitment to include completing job postings, scheduling and conducting interviews and assisting with offers to fill open positions
· New starter HR induction / Handbook / Forms
An experienced HR Generalist with proven experience dealing with complex ER cases.
Up to date knowledge of UK Employment Law.
A confident HR professional, comfortable working autonomously and making decisions.
Experience supporting a manufacturing or operational business.
Someone who is happy to 'roll their sleeves up' and who thrives in an SME environment.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Generous pension plan
Flexible health care plan
On site parking