Permanent Welwyn Garden city based Payroll Manager - UK & APAC position for a global group who provide logistics distribution and supply chain software to a variety of industries and have a great sustainability drive to ensure they are only having a positive impact in their operations. This role is managing a developing team and needing an experienced Manager who has mastered Payroll BAU duties
This logistics distribution and supply chain software Group have a strong presence in America and are looking for build a payroll centre of Excellence out of their Welwyn Garden City area offices to support the UK & APAC regions. The role is a BAU payroll manager role dealing with the day to day management of the payroll function and supporting the Payroll and HR& Director in process improvements. The company have a Strong sustainability drive behind their operations and working ethically to provide excellent customer service both internally and externally with Payroll being key to this internally.
Payroll Manager - UK & APAC duties and accountability's;
- Manage the Payroll team of 3
- Ensure the accuracy of payroll information, calculations and master data
- Support in driving the continuous improvement of processes leveraging automation to achieve better efficiency and customer experience
- Ensure the application of policies and legislation is up to date
- Manage and maintain all UK & APAC payroll records and make amendments when necessary.
- Validating International payroll files for weekly and monthly paid staff
- Ensuring any employment changes are tracked and all parties are updated.
- Manage external payroll relationships and continually monitor the service provided and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Responding to International payroll queries in a timely manner
- Partner with Finance and HR to ensure accurate payments and new starter on boarding is streamlined
- Collating and gathering all International expenses information
Experience, skills and traits of this Payroll Manager - UK & APAC position will include;
- Prior Payroll Management experience of at least 1 member of staff with a hands on approach
- International payroll experience ideally across APAC/America
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive in your approach to improving and providing effective and efficient support of all HR activities.
- Being able to meet tight deadlines and the ability to understand complex procedures.
- Must have a high level of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail under pressure & working with high volumes
- Customer-centric approach & focus on a positive experience for candidates & employees alike
- Excellent written skills, the ability to draft/make amendments to contracts & communicate internally & externally
- Able to motivate and sets stretching and ambitious targets for themselves, ensuring excellent delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate and build relationships effectively with key stake holders at all levels across the business - internally and externally.
- Highly organised with a natural ability to prioritise.
- Flexibility and the willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Along with being a dynamic company with great amount of stability and growth potential they are offering a very competitive package to include; pension, health and life insurance, discounts schemes, 25 days holiday with increasing allowance with service