People Development Manager
A newly created People Development Manager role is available within a growing accoutancy practice. The People Development Manager will support the growth the Firm via the implementation of talent management and succession planning processes and by taking responsibility for the design and implementation of bespoke inhouse training and development solutions for professional skills development.
- Identify, design and implement relevant training and development solutions to actively support the Firm's people development needs.
- Interact with key stakeholders across the Firm to identify, propose and implement solutions that are key to attracting, retaining and developing a highly skilled and engaged workforce.
- Assess individual and group training needs, develop training content as well as being comfortable to implement and deliver some of the solutions yourself.
- The role will focus primarily on roles at the qualified and managerial levels, including Partner development where required.
- Work collaboratively with the Training Officer who focuses on Trainees firmwide
- Support the design and implementation of robust promotion processes and development pathways at all levels
- Support on annual appraisal activity - calibration activity, metrics & reporting, tracking, supporting feedback collation
- Consider options for feedback mechanisms - e.g. 360 feedback, stakeholder feedback
- Support and lead (as appropriate) parts of the Wellbeing Programmes and Includsion activities
- Contribute to the annual Training Budget submission and support on budget forecasting, reporting and reconciliations throughout the financial year
- Proven track record working in a similar role within a professional services environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to influence people of all seniority levels
- Excellent influencing skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Experience of working both autonomously and as a member of a team - cognisant of the full requirements of undertaking a role in a mid-sized firm
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve results
- Strong IT skills - experience of SharePoint and presentation software desirable
- Qualified/Accredited in one or more psychometric tools - Insights accreditation is desirable but training can be given