Payroll Accountant £60k to £65k + Bonus - City
A dynamic and growing investment firm based in the City are looking for an experienced Payroll Accountant.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all salary and related transactions for the group are accounted correctly in the firms accounting system.
As a key member of the Finance Team this role will be responsible for ensuring that the firm meets the financial control, reporting and where required other reporting obligations of entities within the group.
- Preparation and posting of all global Payroll Journals.
- Prepare month-end cost and variance analysis and provide commentary on major variances against previous month, budget, and year on year
- Preparation and posting of month end accruals.
- Preparation and posting of the monthly headcount Journals.
- Reconciliation and substantiation of balances on all compensation related Balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of salary cost reports as per regulatory requirements and individual requests by department heads.
- Monthly reconciliation of the payroll bank account.
- Daily clearing down of all outstanding bank entries for the group.
- Monthly FX Journals and Hedging info to Treasury
- Preparation of annual salary and related budgets.
- Liaise with external auditors to provide information on salary and related costs and be the main point of contact for the interim and annual audit.
- Liaise with Peoplesoft team and Finance in creating new cost centres/department descriptions during department structure changes or new acquisitions.
- Sage People - Assist with the payroll accounting requirements and to be the central point for this Information.
- Prepare, review and challenge balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly management reports.
- Involvement in the reallocation of cost and subsequent reporting via the transfer pricing process.
- Potentially provide input or own the preparation of relevant entities.
Skills & Experience:
- Technical accounting skills - You demonstrate strong technical skills, pay attention to detail, take initiative to broaden your knowledge.
- Strong analytical skill - You demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment.
- Personal drive and motivation - Successfully handle multiple tasks, take initiative to improve your own performance, work intensely towards challenging goals.
- A client and business focus - Effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships with clients, help the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations.
- You collaborate well with others within and across teams, encourage other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
- Creativity/Innovation and a desire to add value - Look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
- Experience in preparation and posting of Journals.
- A track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, organisation and documentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with the preparation of financial statements and managing the audit process from start to finish.