HR & Payroll Accountant
HR & Payroll Accountant £65k to £68k + Bonus - City
A leading Global Bank based in the heart of the City are looking for an experienced HR & Payroll Accountant.
This is a newly created role as the Payroll & HR Team are looking at significant growth and all salary data, transactions and correspondence need to be accounted for.
As a key member of the HR & Payroll team you will be their link to the Financial/Accounting stake holders and ensure that all month end and year end reporting is delivered on time and correct.
- Fully responsible for the monthly accounting of the UK & some EMEA payrolls
- Responsible for all payroll reporting from the UK Management Accounting team
- Support the EMEA payroll accounting process
- Ensure that the Balance Sheet Recs are completed on time and to a high standard
- Look to improve the reporting process through implementing new systems and streamlining
- Be keen to develop your payroll knowledge and understanding
- Look to build strong relationships with the payroll and finance operations through continuous business partnering and become a subject matter expert.
- Liaise with Auditors when on-site
- Attend weekly meetings addressing issues etc.
- Look to drive future efficiencies
- Provide support to the wider networks when needed
Skills & Experience:
- Payroll Accounting experience/understanding required
- Ideally have exposure to Financial or Professional Services
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountancy qualification
- Workday experience and exposure
- Strong Excel
High levels of attention to detail
String communication skills internal & external