HR Advisor FTC, up to £35k pa +bens, Gloucester, 9/10 mths FTC, HR gen, 2/3 days WFH, 2/3 days in office
Your new company
Well established and global manufacturing organisation with offices in Gloucester. Friendly and supportive team.
Your new role
2/3 days WFH, 2/3 days in office in Gloucester. This position reports directly to the HR - The position supports the EMEA functions based in the UK including Finance, IT, Internal Audit, Legal, HR and Procurement. This is a HR Generalist position - c30% projects and 70% transactional, providing comprehensive support in all HR functions including recruitment and selection, onboarding, performance management, change management and employee relations.
This position also provides HR Operations support to the Global Enterprise Functions team, working with global peers to action employee changes, updates and annual processes effectively:
* Responsible for generalist HR support on day to day issues across the UK based Enterprise functions - Finance, IT, Audit, Legal, Shared Services, & HR. The principle aim will be to promote best practice within prevailing legislative framework.
* Responsibility for achieving specific longer term HR projects in line with HR Strategy as assigned by the HR Manager
* Responsible for supporting effective recruitment activities, including assistance with selection, creating internal adverts, selecting methods of recruitment and managing necessary third party relationships, onboarding & first day induction.
* Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotions, benefits, and in house processes.
* Supporting the HR Manager in the roll out of HR process, system and policy change, including briefing managers and associates. Take lead in monitoring completion and quality related to these activities.
* Advice and support managers with employee relations matters by advising on procedural and substantive issues for first stages of formal hearings and investigations. For example disciplinaries, performance management issues, grievances, and absence management issues.
* Coach managers to set performance objectives that are specific and measurable.
* Promotion and coordination of Employee Wellbeing newsletters, bulletins and activities
* Coordination and tracking for Immigration requirements and compliance
* Keep the HR Manager informed of progress, issues and potential problems.
* Maintain, manage, and provide proper control over HR data to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements. Collaborate with Shared Services to ensure data integrity for all associate transactions. Create and extract workforce reporting and analytics related to people metrics as needed. Ad hoc report generation for HRBP analytic requests.
* Act as subject matter expert in an area of HR processes, policy, regulation, and operational management for the team. Participate in technology project execution for agile project execution and to ensure business needs are met and aligned with efficient processes.
Confidential Communication: Information is for use only by approved users.
* Support associate life cycle HR processes (sourcing / talent acquisition, onboarding, learning / development, compensation / recognition, exiting, etc.) ensuring compliance with internal and external compliance requirements
What you'll need to succeed
This position would suit someone who is hands on, enjoys variety and is motivated to provide managers with the necessary tools. An appreciation of best practice and the added value that HR processes and systems can provide is essential.
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of Recruiting, Associate integration, Employee Relations, Compensation.
* Experience and comfort with HR systems and technology to support HR processes ie. Applicant Management System
* It is essential to be a relationship builder who can quickly gain credibility and respect at all levels.
* Ideally degree educated or equivalent, within a business-related discipline.
* Ideally part CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD, with 2-3 years HR experience in a complex business environment.
* Must be able to work on own initiative, be comfortable with complexity and change, and possess good personal time management skills.
* Demonstrates a customer service approach, whilst continuing to coach managers for the future.
* Demonstrates an ability to push back/ challenge managers in an appropriate way
* Demonstrates a sound (relevant and up to date) understanding of employment law.
* Solid experience of recruiting below senior level.
* Can independently work through basic employee relations issues
* A keen eye for attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
Up to £35k pa plus benefits, 33 days holiday includes bank holidays, Pension (Er 7% Ee 5%), 3x salary Life Assurance, staff sales discount, Heath cash plan, access to discount platform - perks.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.