Group Head of HR (4 days per week)
Group Head of HR - you will focus on supporting the group's growth strategy: HR planning, support to M&A activities, group policy development, employment legislation compliance, and support to group HR initiatives with Heads of HR in group companies.
You will ideally have experience in a Group HR role with an international flavour - as well as a strong track record in M&A work. Exposure to a growth SME environment would be advantageous.
Our client is an independent technology group - the parent company of a group of international subsidiaries companies.
As the Group Head of HR (4 days per week) for this technology company in Theale, you will be part of the Senior Management Team and will support the group's growth strategy by providing generalist HR advice and support covering: HR planning, support to M&A activities, group policy development, employment legislation compliance and support to group HR initiatives in collaboration with Heads of HR functions in group companies.
Key duties include:
- To provide support to the Senior Management Team on HR matters associated with the group's strategic direction and annual business planning process.
- To chair the Group HR Forum, comprising the HR leads of the Group's operating businesses, sharing good practice and assisting with the implementation of Group initiatives.
- Monitor changes in employment legislation and advise managers on the impact to group companies through the Group HR Forum.
- To provide HR input to group change initiatives, acquisitions, restructuring etc. as required.
- Develop and maintain group HR policies ensuring compliance with employment legislation and good practice.
- Manage group's HR and Benefits supplier relationships (e.g. Pensions, PMI, Life Assurance, Income Protection, XpertHR, Skillcast).
- Monitor and support the Groupwide Leadership Development Programs working closely with the suppliers.
- Provide operational HR service to Head Office employees (e.g. recruitment, on-boarding, L&D, maintain Cohort Employee Handbook, Annual Salary Review process).
- Challenge existing HR processes and continuously seek ways to do things better to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness for the business.
- Design and manage team awaydays that have a people focus.
- Coach and support subsidiary Heads of HR as required providing expert advice on difficult/complex subsidiary HR matters.
Once the office re-opens:
- There is the expectation that this person will be in the office on average twice per week - some weeks more, some weeks less.
- There will also be UK travel as part of this role, and occasional international travel.
To apply for the role in Theale of Group Head of HR (4 days per week), your profile will closely align with:
- You will be an experienced Senior HR profile - e.g. Head of HR or HR Director - with previous experience in a similar Group centre role. You will have experience of operating in a senior role with the confidence to engage and influence at Exec level.
- We're looking for someone who is a real people person, has broad HR knowledge and outstanding leadership, coaching and influencing capabilities.
- You will have a strong track record in M&A work, managing a robust process all the way through.
- Ideally you will have experience of working with owner-managed SME businesses and larger companies, and understand what is required from an HR perspective to support an organisation through various stages of growth both in the UK and internationally. (Our client currently have subsidiary businesses in the UK, Germany and Portugal but plan to expand further internationally).
- Ideally you will have experienced working for organisations with a highly technical population, such as Engineers.
In addition we are looking for someone who:
- Is a driven professional with strong thought leadership on the drivers of enhancing capability, performance, talent and engagement.
- Has a strong track record of effectively leading people and organisational change projects of scale and complexity across multiple geographies and businesses.
- Has a degree and is MCIPD qualified or has equivalent senior HR experience.
- Can evidence of strong/complex employee relations skills and knowledge.
- Has the ability to work autonomously in a constantly changing environment and an analytical approach to understanding and interpreting issues.
- Who can demonstrate the ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior decision-makers and the ability to influence and secure the confidence of senior stakeholders.
There is a requirement to be security cleared by the Government Security Service.
This role of Group Head of HR (4 days per week) offers the following:
- FTE holiday of 25 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated down for 4 days p/week).
- Discretionary annual bonus of up to 20% of salary dependent on performance.
- Death in service benefit x4.
- Private medical insurance for the employee (option to add family members at own expense).
- Income protection and EAP participation.
- Auto enrolment company pension - 4% employee and 4% company - operated through a salary sacrifice arrangement.
- The opportunity from time to time to participate in the Company's Save As You Earn share option scheme (SAYE) and Share Incentive Plan (SIP).
- Subject to performance, the opportunity from time to time to participate in the Cohort plc Company Share Option Scheme.