Page Personnel HR are working with a large company within Logistics & Distribution. They have an exciting opportunity for an HR Manager to join and support the Business Partner and manage the HR function. The role will be based in Middlewich and will require travel across Cheshire and Merseyside.
Our client are a large, well-known company within Logistics & Distribution who are experiencing exciting periods of growth. They are recruiting for an HR Manager to join and support the wider People Team and manage the HR function across sites in Cheshire and Merseyside. The role will be based at Middlewich.
The key responsibilities for the HR Manager are managing the HR function, supporting the Business Partner to achieve targets and HR agenda, managing the recruitment function across three sites, succession and performance planning, continuous improvement of HR systems, acting as escalation point for ER cases and supporting the HR Advisor, creating weekly reports, producing correspondence and documentation, building relationships with union representatives and supporting apprenticeship programmes. The role is based at Middlewich and requires travel across other sites in Cheshire and Merseyside.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- previous experience managing a HR team
- experience within a logistics, distribution or manufacturing background
- strong knowledge of employment law
- excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- ability to build relationships internally and externally with union reps
- organisational skills and strong commercial awareness
- proactive approach to problem solving and decision making
- must be able to drive and have own vehicle
Our client offers a salary c£35-40K + benefits. Fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious and growing business