Head of HR and Transformation-
£64k for a 12m Contract available for en experienced Head of HR and Transformation based in Hemel Hempstead
Your new company
You will be working for the NHS so experience within this sector is essential as they ideally need someone who has an understanding of their in-house systems ESR, Agenda for Change and TUPE.
Your new role
- Lead and proactively manage all operational HR aspects of a large change management programme across several sites in line with NHS policies, good employment practices and agenda for change.
- Lead HR Business partnering, Recruitment and Workforce information teams
- Preparation of all documentation relating to the consultation process, including but not limited to manager briefings/presentations, meeting guides, consultation documentation/ guidance/correspondence, FAQ documents etc
- Support managers to undertake workforce and capacity planning to identify their future workforce needs.
- Provision of specialist and senior HR advice and guidance to managers during consultation processes, including but not limited to 1:1 and group briefings, meetings, drop-in sessions
- Work collaboratively and provide senior support to the wider HR team on the change programme
- Provide HR specialist advice to the communications team with any HR related communication and engagement
- Undertake a programme management approach to the management of the change management process, proactively and autonomously ensuring that deadlines are met and preparing and monitoring plans and logs, as required.
- Lead and manage the operational relationship with trade unions to facilitate an effective change management programme, working collaboratively and proactively to engage with staff representatives and other key representatives to resolve issues, concerns and mitigate risks to plans.
- Prepare new/revise job descriptions and undertake job evaluation in line with NHS processes, as required
- Provision of a high quality, responsive customer focused service in the delivery of the programme.
- Hybrid working
What we are looking for:
- CIPD qualified/accredited or equivalent level of experience. or Masters/post graduate qualification in HR or equivalent experience
- Significant experience of generalist HR, working at a senior strategic level in the NHS
- Extensive experience of leading and managing complex change programmes and associated employee relations issues that may arise
- Experience of writing high quality consultation documentation, including papers and other key documentation relating to consultations
- Substantial experience of analysis of complex HR information facts and situations with the ability to determine the appropriate course of action and relay complex messages into simpler, clearer messages to managers and staff at all levels
- Experience of working in unionised environment and leading consultations and negotiations with staff side representatives on complex HR matters during consultation programmes
- Ability to think creatively and influence key senior stakeholders
- Knowledge and ability to apply HR good practice, up to date employment law and Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.