Learning & Development Manager
Our commercial client is an organisation based in Farnborough with huge ambition and currently in hyper growth mode following its fabulous success over the past year. They are now expanding rapidly into new markets and to meet rising volumes, they are seeking to recruit a Learning & Development Manager to join their team on a permanent basis to start asap.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Learning & Development Manager to really step up and utilise their experience in a fast-paced role. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that has a blank piece of paper and will change history.
Our client is seeking to find a switched on, innovative, confident Learning & Development Manager to hit the ground running in a nigh-on start-up environment becoming immersed in every conceivable task required to assist the business growing a rapid speed.
This role will support the HR Manager in a pure L&D role in a high-pressured, busy, fast paced environment.
This is a business that people come first, colleagues are razor-sharp and innovation abounds
Planning and coordinating L&D activity:
- To provide comprehensive learning and development plans to support the objectives and priorities of the business
- Implement new L&D practices, strategies and projects
- Assist in the management of all paperwork and streamlining HR procedures effectively and efficiently
Project Design and Implementation:
- To design and implement new and existing L&D projects to both instil best employment practice
- Coordinate and organise that set out plans and tangible deliverables that signpost key elements of the employee journey and lifecycle
- To lead and design and then evolve a succession planning strategy for management to identify and track the development of its people to meet its future objectives
- To lead and design competency framework so it clearly sets out the core skills that are important to the organisation and how these skills will be developed and strengthened
- To lead on the design and then evolve a line manager and leadership development programme so business is able to track development of its line managers and leaders to meet its future objectives
- Don't stop at first answers - go beyond the obvious; stay curious and agile
Strengthening Learning and People Interventions:
- To work with HR management on the design and delivery of a upskilling our people to improve the quality of talent
- To design on the design of an online port so line managers can access policies, toolkits and best practice easily
- CIPD Level 5 or HR degree level required
- Certificate in Learning and Development Practice or equivalent
- Experience in training and programme development and delivery
- Experience of delivery a proactive HR service in a variety of different sectors would be an advantage
- Strong learning and development experience to include planning and coordinating key L&D activity as well as designing and implementing new L&D practice, strategies and projects.
- Strong generalist experience including on organisational projects, initiatives and new ways of working
- Experience of skills audits and training needs analysis
- Experience of using recognised HR Software/Database information systems and using these to promote agile, online working practices.
- Strong business sense, be commercially minded; possess business and financial acumen to enable sound management decision making for the organisation
- Confident, articulate and clear communication skills (verbal and written) with strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Have strong initiatives and think of new ways of working; adaptable to changing demands
- Working to tight deadlines and managing conflicting priorities; ensuring deadlines are met under pressure
- Able to motivate training groups as well as our employees
- Must have proven experience in a very fast paced small HR Team
- Very robust, structured and organised
- Confident to work autonomously
- Mindset is all - you will relish the change to step in to a fast-paced, experimental learning environment ready to embrace complexity and ambiguity
Salary £50,000 plus a highly competitive benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Learning & Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly