Learning Design Manager
Learning Design Manager (2 year contract)
Frazer Jones are supporting a Global Professional Services business and looking to speak to experienced Learning Design Managers keen to undertake a 2 year secondment
Reporting to the Learning Design and Production Leader you will work in a dual role as the Learning Experience Designer and Project Manager, with the focus being on LED.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of adult learning theory, best practice design techniques and learning development processes. They will have taken the lead on the design of a range of learning modalities (including digital and face to face) from initial ideas generation through to launch, including facilitating design meetings, advising on the best development tool for the job, and the most appropriate delivery model. They will also be able to effectively communicate ideas visually and use basic graphic packages (e.g. MS Visio, PowerPoint) to create mock-ups and simple images etc.
The successful candidate will also ideally have experience of project managing learning solutions.
Key aspects of the role include
Customer Relationship Management
* Create, identify and respond to opportunities to provide consultancy and coaching
* Deliver highly effective learning content using adult learning principles and instructional design theory
* Help define learning objectives and key learning points, and ensure they are addressed by the learning solution, in conjunction with programme leader and/or development team
* Lead design meetings with internal stakeholders for assigned projects and support other team members on their projects.
* Provide expert design consultation on individual projects - overall design / interactivity / screen layout / technology (tools & infrastructure) possibilities and limitations / development model (e.g. ADDIE / Agile), etc.
* Utilise existing global processes and instructional design strategies for delivering different types/methods of training using the global toolbox.
* Advise on assessment and evaluation possibilities and considerations, making appropriate recommendations
* Brief and coach subject matter champions on requirements for developing training, including design best practices, using required templates, design and project planning considerations, budget requirements, technology tools/infrastructure limitations, etc
Project manage projects from inception to launch, including:
* Initiate, organise and facilitate project kick-off and design meetings, as required
* Develop and monitor project plans, milestones and budgets for individual projects
* Prepare, communicate, and ensure sign off by key stakeholders/L&E personnel project planning documents
* Brief, coach and manage all internal resources and external vendors, throughout the lifecycle of the project
* Monitor and communicate milestones to key stakeholders on an ongoing basis, seeking input and sign off as needed
* Define budget requirements and track budget to actual (escalating as necessary)
* Manage the production process, as required, or prepare appropriate handover documentation for the production team
* Provide communications to the Global Assurance L&E network including module release and complete required wrap-up procedures
The following skills are required for this role
* A strong understanding of and a passion for Adult Learning
* Extensive experience of designing high quality Learning solutions
* A strong understanding of, and ability to design for industry standard rapid development tools (e.g. Lectora, Articulate Storyline / 360, Gomo (or similar tools)
* Customer focussed at all times - understanding their needs and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
* The ability to build and strengthen long-term relationships.
* Strategic perspective - ability to keep overall strategies and goals in mind.
* Goal orientated - maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables.
* Analytical skills - effective identification of issues and the application of sound conclusions resulting in right solution, at the right time, at the right cost.
* Proactive follow-up and monitoring - checking progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action to resolve exceptions.
* Be a team player, with the ability to help the team out with whatever is required
If this describes your skill set and you are looking for a 2 year contract, send your CV to Frazer Jones today.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Learning Design Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly