HR Advisor / Worthing / Human Resources / Personnel
A leading business based in Worthing are seeking a HR Advisor on a permanent basis.
As HR Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact and advice for all HR queries
- Lead and support managers providing advice both face to face and over the telephone.
- Day to day management and administration of the HR process.
- Overseeing the recruitment process through from advertising, shortlisting, arranging interviews, new starter paperwork, staff inductions and new starter payroll.
- Conducting all ER Case Work and holding meetings as required in line with appropriate employment law legislation, e.g., long/sick term sickness, performance management, occupational health, probationary reviews, grievances and disciplinaries/investigations.
- Ensuring that company policy and procedure is updated accordingly.
- Managing and maintaining personnel files in accordance with current legislation
- Health and Safety administration and supporting site managers as required
- Overseeing probationary process up to successful probation sign off
- Liaise with the management team regarding sickness absence and return to work meetings
- Liaise with Occupational Health as required referring staff to the necessary provider and managing the process
- Organise and manage all aspects of the family-friendly processes including maternity, paternity, adoption, parental and unpaid leave and oversee re-integration on return from leave ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed and management are kept fully up to date
- Assist with the booking of training, ensuring all records are updated
- Undertake projects which will support the Company's Aims/Strategies and/or improve the effectiveness of HR
- Undertake other various projects and tasks as necessary.
- The successful candidate will be CIPD qualified (or working towards it) or have equivalent and possess proven previous HR experience at an advisor level
- Ability to lead standalone projects and resolving problems
- Ability to build relationships with and influence all levels of employees including leadership level of the Company
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills - ability to initiate and engage in conversations about difficult or sensitive topics
- Clean and full driving licence to drive and the ability to drive to other sites