Employee Relations Manager
The new Employee Relations Manager will be the subject matter expert in Employee Relations within the specific business unit, interfacing with the wider business and working closely with Trade Unions and the UK HR team. You will ensure the business is compliant from an ER perspective and will need to understand and influence the broader ER agenda and where the specific business units fits into that.
A global organisation specialising in industrial engineering/technology.
As the successful Employee Relations Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Main interface between business unit and the Central ER team and interface for UK & RoW with Global Employment Policy.
- Information and Consultation policy and process lead for business unit including delivering training to People Partners and supporting training of leaders, owner of knowledge base of I&C and local SME.
- Positive relationship with the Bristol Trade Union on the strategic ER agenda (supporting People Partners where required on operational elements).
- Maintain oversight of the business unit Trade Union representative structure - covering numbers of full and part time reps, understanding their activity, agreeing requests for time off for political/ lobbying activity. Ensure representation is appropriate and affordable. SME on agreements and interface into Global Business Services on these.
- Interface with the Bristol and wider HR team on ER agenda and with Communications Business Partners on employee briefings, cascades etc where subject matter is employment, ER, and agreement related.
- Produce and own strategy for engaging on typical ER matters with unrepresented groups ensuring no one is disadvantaged for not being in a Trade Union.
As the successful Employee Relations Manager, you will demonstrate:
- Graduate level capability demonstrated either through the achievement of a degree qualification and/or relevant work experience ideally gained in a relevant business environment.
- Previous Employee Relations experience ideally in a Unionised environment, working with Employee Representatives and Knowledgeable on UK ER legislation and best practice.
- Broad knowledge of the HR function and its capability to support business objectives, with the ability to apply business acumen to support the ER agenda.
- Well-developed customer and relationship management skills to work with the key stakeholders as well as the wider HR team.
- Facilitation skills with sufficient credibility and influence to lead team discussions, and help shape the appropriate ER solution.
- Broad change management skill set, combined with the ability to apply project management principles to deliver and support organisational change.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholder groups, including Trade Union Representatives, Employee Representatives, HR leadership and their teams.
- Sensitive to language and cultural differences.
The successful Employee Relations Manager will receive:
- A competitive basic salary.
- Excellent development opportunities.
- Exceptional benefits package that include bonus, discounts and employee support assistance.