HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
12 month Fixed term contract
£45,900 - £54,000 pa (pro rata 17.5 hours pw)
We are recruiting for a part-time (17.5 hours a week) HR Business Partner (12 Months FTC).
- Are you an experienced HR Business Partner with a history of working in a unionised environment?
- Do you have solid experience as an HR Business Partner and can work strategically?
- Do you have strong stakeholder management, partnering, influencing and communication skills?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Reporting directly to the Head of HR Business Partners, The HR Business Partner will work in partnership with the Executive Director for the division with whom you partner and their senior leaders as an integral part of their leadership team. You will be accountable for the creation, development and delivery of People Plans in partnership with the division that meet their strategic needs.
This role will support the HR Leadership Team to contribute to the delivery of the organisation's People and Culture Strategy, providing divisional and organisational insight into how the strategy is deployed to establish a long-term approach to improving our culture and supporting our people.
As HR Business Partner you will work with the Head of HR Business Partners to foster constructive working relationships with the trade union on a range of employment issues, including negotiations and consultations to guarantee a positive employment relations climate.
In addition to the above, you will:
- Resolve complex employee relations issues
- Line manage an Associate HR Business Partner
- Provide guidance on people practices such as restructures and succession planning
- Bring people expertise and develop solutions to help the business area to deliver its strategy
- Influence and build relationships with people around the business
To be successful:
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with trade unions including consultations and negotiations
- You will also be capable of building a wide network of trusted and constructive relationships using your excellent influencing, facilitation and communication skills
- Excellent leadership qualities, with an emphasis on delivering through others, and evidence of coaching, developing and performance management of others
- A solid understanding of employment legislation generally is needed as is a deep understanding of employee relations related legislation.
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
Closing date: 26th May 2021