Learning and Development Senior Manager
A brilliant new L&D role is available within a successful and rapidly changing Financial Services company. The position of "Senior Manager - Learning" will have the responsibility of managing a team of 4 learning professionals and also for the learning needs of 600+ employees within Corporate Functions & Tech.
The role will work with the Head of Talent Acquisition & Learning to design, secure buy-in for, communicate and deliver a cross-functional Learning and Development Curriculum which promotes advancement of technical knowledge and core skills.
We are looking for L&D superstars that are bright, ambitious and eager to have a platform in which they can truly thrive.
- Working with stakeholders across the business as well as other members of the wider People Team to identify key learning requirements.
- Delivering both business area specific learning as well as unified whole-company learning programmes
- Developing initiatives that drive a self-led digital learning culture across the organisation
- Developing materials to support management and leadership skills across the organisation
- Sourcing and managing external training providers, working closely with them to deliver relevant and high quality learning opportunities for Colleagues
- Delivering value add MI on return on investment in L&D, and using this MI to continually make improvements
- Delivering a market-leading engaging induction programme for new joiners
- Leading a Digital Learning team, ensuring they create relevant and engaging eLearning content for all colleagues
- Planning programmes to develop key talent
- Creating a personal development planning process for all colleagues
Additionally, you will:
- Manage a team of 4 (including second line management), motivating, coaching and developing team members to ensure sustained high performance
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to ensure alignment and knowledge sharing across teams
- Proactively maintain your own industry expertise and an awareness of new opportunities and best practice. Use this knowledge to seek opportunities to improve processes and practices, especially through emerging technology, and encourage team members to do the same
- Work in partnership with other training colleagues to ensure high standards of training and share best practice
- Ensure controls are in place to monitor adherence to the L&D Policy, report on these controls regularly and suggest Policy enhancements to the Head of Talent Acquisition and Learning
- Role model the behaviours which underpin the Manifesto and Values
- Build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to create L&D strategy and design L&D curriculums across a broad spectrum of business areas.
- Previous experience in managing design and delivery of training solutions through a variety of channels including e-learning, instructor led training and informal learning depending the requirements or audience
- Proven ability to innovate and create new and engaging learning experiences
- Thought leader on Digital/eLearning, with a proven track record of significantly enhancing the Digital Learning offering for an organisation
- Experience in delivering development initiatives for tech teams including Digital and IT
- Experience in delivering management skills development initiatives
- Excellent understanding of learning theory and training methodology
- Experienced and highly inclusive people manager, able to motivate, coach and develop team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to adapt to varied audiences
- Proven experience in landing initiatives successfully
- Proven ability to manage multiple cross-functional work streams and conflicting priorities
- Strong track record in planning and project management
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office package
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage workload, resources, and budgets to meet customer/stakeholder requirements in line with best practice
- Logical and practical approach to problem solving and resolution
- Experience of managing a Learning Management System