We have an exciting opportunity at Holy Cross College for a HR Manager to join the team based in Bury. You will join us on a full time / full year / permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of up to £40,809 per annum plus excellent benefits!
The purpose of the HR Manager role is to manage the provision of an efficient and effective human resources service for the College.
Key responsibilities of the HR Manager:
- To lead the development, review and implement College’s HR Policies and Procedures ensuring compliance with legal requirements and best practice.
- To provide advice and support to managers on a range of sensitive HR matters as required.
- To be responsible for the development and implementation of the College’s recruitment and selection procedures and activities, ensuring fair and transparent processes and compliance with legislation and best practice.
- To ensure there are effective arrangements for the recording, management and reporting of staff attendance, providing support and training for line managers and staff (in relation to sickness, leave of absence, TOIL, annual leave etc).
- To work collaboratively with the Assistant Principal (Curriculum) to ensure effective arrangements are in place to cover teaching staff absence.
- To be responsible for ensuring the College is fully compliant with safer recruitment and to be responsible for the College Single Central Record.
- To be responsible for ensuring the timely production of documentation and correspondence to/for staff in relation to contractual matters including the timely transfer of information to the payroll agent.
- To attend and contribute to the work of Joint Consultative Committee / Support Staff Managers’ Meeting / Safeguarding Group / Health & Safety Committee / Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group / Governing Body sub-committee meetings.
- To contribute to special projects which require HR input.
- To be responsible for CPD and Induction including the provision of training.
- To be responsible for the Professional Development Review (appraisal) process.
- To be responsible for staff welfare including conducting risk assessments and the provision of support to individual staff and whole staff wellbeing initiatives.
Experience and skills required of HR Manager
-Enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
-Level 5 qualification in Human Resource Management
-Member of CIPD
-High level IT skills
-Ability to promote high expectations as well as confront and resolve problems using sound judgement
-Ability to respond and communicate with sensitivity, clarity and focus
-Ability to build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders, at a variety of levels
-Ability to work on own initiative and adapt to changing demands and requirements
Benefits of becoming our HR Manager:
We believe Holy Cross Sixth Form College is a great place to work as we genuinely care about all our staff and want them to be happy working here. In return our staff can expect:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Option to apply for sabbatical leave
- Family friendly policies
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Individualised induction programmes and excellent opportunities for CPD
- Cycle scheme vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- VDU eye sight test vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- Various health and wellbeing benefits (including an on-site gym, fitness classes, staff badminton and football)
- Counselling service – face to face counselling as well as access to a confidential telephone counselling service
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 8 a.m. on 31st May 2021. Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date.
For further information and an application form please click ‘apply’ to be re-directed to the College website. Please note: CVs are not accepted.
Holy Cross College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In this respect all applicants are advised that any offer of appointment will be subject to Enhanced Clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as well as other relevant recruitment checks.