Head of HR
Generalist Head of HR role with responsibility for developing the global HR service including ER, recruitment & attraction, Talent development, change management.
Successful and growing SME Engineering/Manufacturing business in Warwickshire, with international locations including Europe, Asia and the US.
As Head of HR you will be based at the Warwickshire site, with responsibility for a small team. You will report into the MD based overseas, developing a joined-up HR service and working closely with the SLT. You will lead on operational HR as well as developing the people strategy that supports the Business in reaching its long term goals.Responsibilities include:- Developing the UK HR offering aligned to Company values and linked to future success.
- Alignment of the global HR service, ensuring consistency and relevance from a global perspective.
- Leading in the development of Company culture and leadership.
- Providing full support on change management processes at operational level.
- Developing the approach to appraisals and performance.
- Responsible for recruitment and developing a resourcing & talent strategy that focuses on hiring and retaining the best talent as well as becoming an employer of choice in the UK and overseas.
- Responsibility for all ER related issues including sickness/absence and performance.
- Identifying development gaps for employees as well as proposing and implementing training & development solutions.
To be considered for this Head of HR appointment you will have a proven track record within a generalist HR role and ideally have set up a successful HR function focusing on continuous improvement and some international experience of developing an HR service in other locations.
You will be commercially astute and possess strong operational HR skills as well as proven strategic and longer-term thinking. Experience of partnering the SLT is key as well as the ability to implement and drive new ideas and initiatives.
This role will suit someone with a strong Generalist HR background within the manufacturing/engineering or related sectors. You must be able to work with a range of stakeholders including the SLT and understand how to developing a high- performing HR service across international locations, appreciating cultural differences and needs.
Strong interpersonal skills are also key as well sound organisational and forward-planning skills.
Up to £65,000 per annum base salary + bens