Learning & Development Business Partner
DS Smith is a leading provider of sustainable fibre-based packaging worldwide, which is supported by recycling and papermaking operations. We play a central role in the value chain across sectors including e-commerce, fast moving consumer goods and industrials. Through our purpose of ‘Redefining Packaging for a Changing World’ and our Now and Next sustainability strategy, we are committed to leading the transition to the circular economy, while delivering more circular solutions for our customers and wider society – replacing problem plastics, taking carbon out of supply chains and providing innovative recycling solutions. Our bespoke box-to-box in 14 days model, design capabilities and innovation strategy sits at the heart of this response.
Headquartered in London and a member of the FTSE 100, DS Smith operates in 34 countries employing around 30,000 people and we are a Strategic Partner of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation. Our history can be traced back to the box-making businesses started in the 1940s by the Smith family.
About the role
We’re looking for a L&D Business Partner to join our global Packaging division and support the delivery of operational excellence and learning strategies across all of our locations. In this role you will be a member of the Operations Learning Academy, working closely with Regional Leadership teams, HR Leads and local L&D, Training teams and SMEs to drive the Operations Learning Academy (OLA) strategy and provide teams with consistent tools, methodologies and materials for their development.
We will be asking you to assess the Operations functional capabilities required to deliver the OLA strategy and align the competency framework within regions, so that we can deploy specific development solutions according to local, regional and divisional requirements. You will be driving change in the way we develop our people to ensure the most effective solutions are deployed.
You will enable technical and operations capability building and continuous improvement driving consistency in approach and outcomes of people development. You will provide Train the Trainer support to local trainers and SMEs and refresh their skills/knowledge to build capability in line with 70-20-10 principles.
This role can be based anywhere in the UK, but ideally close to an airport as regular travel is involved.
- Significant experience in a similar role, ideally in a global, complex business
- Manufacturing/FMCG/Engineering knowledge and experience
- A strong track record of developing and delivering capability including digital learning strategies across a number of regions using a consultative approach
- Excellent knowledge of global L&D strategies to buld operational capability
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues on all levels, and culturally aware to influence and drive change internationally
- A well organised, strategic thinker, who can be hands on as required
- A relevant qualification would be advantageous
- Salary up to £60,000 dependent on experience
- 20% bonus
- Car or car allowance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays