HR Manager (Secondary Academy)
Permanent HR Manager role - £40,000 - £45,000
Fantastic secondary academy, affiliated with one of London's top universities
Fantastic secondary academy, affiliated with one of London's top universities, with a mission to ensure equal access to education. A non-selective academy, they strive to supports students of all backgrounds and abilities.
CIPD qualified (essential)
- Providing full HR generalist support in a similar (secondary) education setting on all administerial, operational, and strategic HR activities, all in compliance with statutory obligations and best practice
- Providing comprehensive, professional and confidential HR support to staff and the SLT
- Employee Relations: Managing ER issues in conjunction with the academy's external HR advisory team. Coaching and advising line managers. Providing up to date employment law knowledge to ensure compliance with the appropriate legal and regulatory frameworks
- Overseeing the management of Recruitment and Induction processes
- In-depth understanding of Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment. Ensuring all pre-employment and safeguarding checks have been completed, in line with statutory legislation
- Line managing the recruitment administration team, liaising with SLT and senior colleagues to ensure the right balance of skilled and experienced staff.
- Oversight of the SCR and ensuring it is consistently inspection-ready
- Overseeing Performance Management
- Managing monthly payroll for the UCL Academy, with support from their external Payroll provider
- Managing all audits, including payroll, Ofsted, pensions and HR audit
- Other ad-hoc HR projects / research as needed
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience leading the HR function in similar (secondary) education setting
- Be CIPD qualified
- Be experienced in all of the areas within 'key responsibilities'
Permanent role, leading the HR function in this fantastic school
Salary up to £45,00 depending on experience
Central London location