Senior HR Advisor
Were seeking an experienced HR professional to join a busy HR department as Senior HR Advisor in Dorset
Senior HR Advisor
Seeking an experienced Senior HR Advisor to join a busy and professional team handling a variety of ER cases.
You will be working as part of a professional and high performing HR team providing high quality, efficient and professional strategic HR service to Managers and function leads. As a Senior HR Advisor you will be working in partnership across departments and services to provide professional, proactive, advice and guidance on a range of employee relations issues and people management activities.
Key responsibilities include :-
- Provide guidance and advice on informal and formal ER cases and processes. To advise and support departments and services on a range of ER matters, specifically around the management of discipline, grievance, performance, dignity and respect issues, sickness absence and other relevant employee relations issues.
- Engage with and advise managers on employee relations issues, employment law and performance, grievance and disciplinary issues to ensure compliance with legislation, policy and good practice adopting a risk management approach to seek appropriate and practical resolution of issues
- Develop effective approaches in conjunction with managers to deal with complex staffing issues in individual teams or on a service.
- To support and guide managers with the management of staff health, wellbeing and attendance. To review management information to proactively support in managing staff health and wellbeing. Where appropriate, liaise with Health, Safety & Wellbeing including occupational health, ensuring compliance with policies particularly in the management of long term absences cases.
- Analyse and utilise management information and workforce data for faculties and services to identify trends and establish areas requiring action and to develop proactive solutions to ensure appropriate people management solutions are identified.
- Provide advice and support appropriate resolution of workplace conflicts and disputes, engaging and working with the trade unions as appropriate.
- To interpret and advise on the application of terms and conditions of employment, ensuring compliance with policies, relevant terms and conditions and employment legislation.
Were seeking experienced Senior HR Advisors who have a strong background of handling a variety of employer relations case work, coaching and supporting managers with all aspects to conclusion
- Experience of working within a large scale and complex organisation, ideally unionised
- Experience of handling a range of ER case work including grievance, disciplinary, performance, dismissal, absence, investigations and hearings
- Ideally Level 7 CIPD / Post Grad Diploma / Masters in HRM
- Ideally Chartered MCIPD qualified and member status.
- If not Chartered MCIPD - Would consider candidates with appropriate levels of experiences in ER Case work/HR Advisory with large complex organisations
- Unions experience
This is initially a 6 months contract through to the end of December however there is also potential that this role might be a temporary to permanent opportunity for the right individual.
The role will have a office base in Bournemouth and will likely be circa 3 days + on site as the summer progresses with changes to restrictions.
£34,000 - £44,000 rate equivalent full time.