HR Manager, Ammanford, £35,000
Your new company
Hays HR are delighted to recruit once again in the Beautiful West of Wales. Our client are a highly successful Manufacturer,looking to appoint a HR Manager. This is a standalone role, reporting into the Operations Director. As a key member of the SMT the successful candidate will take the lead on all HR matters in the business. Operating in the area for over 30 years, this is a very well respected local employer.
Your new role
- Take the lead on all HR related matters within the business..
- Work the SMT & Operations Management on Policy and Strategy development and implement HR Policies and Procedures.
- Administration of the recruitment and induction process in line with Group Policy
- Maintenance of HR files in line with GDPR and ensuring that all documentation is correctly filed.
- To manage the referral and follow up to Occupational Health of injured or ill employees.
- To maintain the HR systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- To analyse and report on key HR metric on both a weekly and monthly basis & present to the monthly SMT meeting.
- To support, assist and advice managers and supervisors in all aspects of the HR remit including Disciplinary, Grievance, Bullying & Harassment etc
- To monitor and manage absence records and liaise with supervisors as appropriate
- To manage long and short term absences in line with policy
- To manage employee complaints in line with policy
- To manage the successful operation of the Employee Forum
- To arrange suitable training on request
- Develop and maintain, in conjunction with liaising with all departmental managers, a training needs analysis for the site.
- To support the site management team in all aspects of the performance management process
- Manage employee probationary periods and provide support and advise to management throughout this process.
- Adherence to the site HR budget.
- Development of a HR Network both internally and externally for exchange of ideas.
- Management of Temporary Agency Providers including auditing of agency records.
- Ensuring that the Values are brought to life at site through Values Awards and other employee engagement initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer and excel skills
- A passion for driving operational business change.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and people management techniques
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Very effective organisational skills
- Degree in HR or equivalent/relevant HR discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Excellent employment law knowledge, communication and administration skills
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative and excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who has the strong ability to effectively manage the HR function in a stand-alone role.
What you'll get in return
Competitive + Benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.