Talent Partner - FTC
- Michael Page Human Resources
- City of London, England
- Closing date
- 14 Jun 2021
- Accountancy Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Talent Management
A Talent Partner - FTC to be responsible for building partnerships with senior business leaders and managers within allocated client groups focused on their bespoke talent and people management needs.
Aligned to specific business units and focused on analytically oriented, strategic activity - not admin sign-off, Employee Relations, performance management or manager support activities.
A leading Investment Management firm based in the City of London
A Talent Partner - FTC to:
Delivering business value by focussing on strategic people issues including; talent management, succession planning, driving engagement and better employee experience, and identifying resourcing and structural needs within your client groups.
This will be achieved by identifying, collecting and analysing insight from your client groups and liaising with Knowledge Centres to develop appropriate tailored solutions.
Providing coaching and learning across their business areas.
Key detailed deliverables:
Focus on Business Value
- Develop a deep understanding of the role and responsibilities of your client group within the wider organisation.
Lead on Talent Management
- Ensure that the client group has the right resource, capability and talent to achieve immediate and strategic ambitions and to ensure sustainable performance.
- Work with L&D function to design appropriate high potential diagnostic and development programmes and ensure that they create measurable value for the organisation.
- Act as a talent broker ensuring movement of talent to build individual and organisational capability and internal mobility.
- Lead implementation of the annual calendar for resourcing and talent processes ensuring continuing improvement.
Ensure Effective Succession Planning
- Design and implement flexible approaches to contingency/ resilience and longer-term succession planning.
- Ensure succession planning integration across other critical people processes (e.g. performance management / talent).
Own Employee Engagement
- Work to strengthen the connection that employees have with the organisation so that they are fulfilled by their work and make a greater contribution towards organisational objectives: give particular attention to good leadership and management.
- Assist Head of Organisational Effectiveness in developing and implementing engagement proposals and plans for your client group.
Act as a Steward of the Employee Experience
- Work with business leaders and managers to evaluate and improve management practices and behaviours across your client group to create a better employee experience and to improve relationships at work.
- Work with the Reward function to actively promote reactive and proactive well-being approaches.
Lead on Resourcing
- Work with recruitment function to develop tailored attraction strategies for your client group.
- Use workforce planning to inform resourcing approaches.
- Work with HR Support function to design bespoke and integrated on-boarding (including induction) and off-boarding (including managing redundancy programmes and sensitive exits)
Provide Actionable Insight
- Collect, collate and analyse metrics and data relating to key people projects, programmes and initiatives and report back, as required.
- Evaluate impact and results to ensure people projects/ solutions meet organisational needs.
Act as an HR Solution Design Expert
- Work with HR COO and People Change Partners in shaping people solutions to meet your client group's needs.
- Use "agile" principles in your work and engage your client group in design.
Act as a Coach to Senior Stakeholders
- Coach and build capability of senior managers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues and handle situations with skills rather than handle it for them.
Champion Diversity and Inclusion
- Promote the value of diversity and inclusion with peers and managers outlining the business case showing the impact on organisational performance.
Act as a Change Agent
- Work with Head of Organisational Effectiveness in designing, delivering and measuring success of organisation development and design interventions to drive organisational performance.
- Identify people implications of organisational transformation and culture change and communicate with the HR COO so those can be planned for and delivered.
Facilitator of Key Annual People Processes
- Facilitate the implementation of key annual processes such as compensation bench-marking.
- Assist ER Partners with and lead on (where detailed business understanding is required) complex employee relations issues.
A Talent Partner - FTC with the following:
- Proven track record as Strategic HR Business Partner or Talent Partner in Wealth Management or Asset Management (or similar regulated industry)
- Track record in building effective relationships with a discerning front office client group
- Broad understanding of the regulatory environment in financial services.
- Knowledge of a range of people practices across the employee life-cycle, and how these practices impact on one another and interrelate. This should include: talent management, workforce planning, performance management, employee engagement, organisational development and design, reward (broad knowledge that includes salary bench-marking and managing compensation round for the client group), resourcing and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Understanding how to effectively enable change.
- Understanding of employment law.
- CIPD member or overseas equivalent.
- Problem solving
- Data analysis
- Business acumen/ understanding of the commercial context of the organisation
- Diagnostic and consultancy skills
- Relationship, stakeholder and project management
- Knowing and using the tools and techniques for effective change - creating business cases, change readiness, methodologies, levers of change - and applying them in a way which ensures that projects are managed effectively, and risks are mitigated.
Competitive fixed term contract salary and benefits dependant on experience
Michael Page Human Resources is acknowledged as one of the leading recruitment companies for human resources with over 30 years of recruitment expertise and a team of specialist consultants based in offices nationwide. If you’re looking for permanent or temporary job opportunities in human resources, let us use our extensive network and strong relationships to help you find you the next step in your career.
Michael Page Human Resources recruit HR roles nationwide, ranging from HR Administrator to Global HR Director and also within the specialist areas of HR including Learning & Development, Recruitment, Reward, and Talent.
We offer vacancies across executive, director, manager and junior levels with many of the UK’s leading companies. Our teams have specialist consultants that focus on permanent, interim and contract opportunities. Find out more about our consultants here.
To get started browse for human resources jobs or contact one of our offices directly to find out how our expertise could make a difference to your HR recruitment process.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert