Employee Relations Specialist
Permanent Employee Relations Specialist
Your new company
We have an exciting new permanent job opportunity to join a large client of ours who are looking to appoint a specialist ER candidate. The business are part of a worldwide group that so employ over 150,000 employees in total. They are looking to appoint a specialist to work across their clients in the Greater Manchester & Cheshire areas.
Your new role
Reporting into the Head of ER you will join a team of 5 ER Specialists who provide support to their forever changing and growing client base. The role will cover across Greater Manchester & Cheshire and you will be expected to be on site 3 or 4 days per week leaving 1 or 2 days at home. You will be responsible for your own diary so you can manage that effectively and to your advantage when planning.
- You will be responsible for developing the capacity of line managers to manage a range of ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER activity.
- Coach and develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution HR policies and procedures encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible, rather than allowing situations to escalate.
- Proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions. Ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met.
- Foster and support a partnership relationship with the unions at the local level. To form part of the negotiations team for local pay negotiations and to identify with unions and contract managers joint initiatives and proactively participate in quarterly ER climate meetings. When applicable work with the contract manager to respond to any trade disputes and set contingency plans to minimise the impact on the service and bring the dispute to a swift conclusion.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Relationship Managers within the designated contract areas on a range of people and organisational matters.
- Have oversight of absence management in the designated area and to work with senior managers to reduce absence levels in the designated contract areas.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum level 5 CIPD or equivalent qualification. Ideally level 7 preferred
- Previous experience in an challenging ER role within an unionised and regulated environment.
- Experience of partnering with trade unions and a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
- Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
- Experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
- Previous experience of advising and guiding senior stakeholders on a range of people matters in a comparable work environment. Experience of mediating disputes and bringing matters to a positive conclusion.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of substantial ER higher level case work experience and of advising managers in a large complex organisation. In addition, you will have experience of managing a high volume challenging workload, managing your own time and delivering ER outcomes.
- A self starter you will be able to work on patch in a standalone role and work autonomously with senior stakeholders.
What you'll get in return
The organisation offer a great package with this position. The starting salary is up to £50k + £6500k CA and a 20% bonus. The role also comes with 25 days holiday, 10% pension and private medical insurance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Employee Relations Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly