HR Manager (Generalist in Financial Services)
A newly created role of HR Manager is now available in a global investment management business. This role will be based in London and will form part of a 4 strong HR generalist team that covers EMEA for all HR needs.
The HR Manager will partner with a challenging, intellectually stimulating and demanding business. Relationship management skills, ability to influence, and understanding of the importance of delivery are key.
The HR Manager will provide top level advice to managers and be involved in a wide variety of cross-functional HR issues, including, but not limited to manager coaching, employee relations, diversity, recruitment, compensation, global mobility and talent development initiatives.
We are looking for a intelligent, dynamic, inquisitive, commercially driven candidate who has previous experience within Financial or Professional Services. EU or EMEA experience is needed and if the candidate has a 2nd European language that would be a real advantage.
- Act as a coach and thought partner to managers for employee relations issues, compensation recommendations, leadership development, staffing and organizational design issues.
- Facilitation of business off-sites, which may include the use of psychometrics.
- Partner with the Recruitment Team to ensure we attract and secure top talent at all levels.
- Develop a deep knowledge of our talent. Partner with leaders and the firm's Talent Management & Development team to develop our talent.
- Contribute to the firm's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives and provide HR support to local business networks.
- Be available to employees for questions/concerns including providing guidance on career development/progression.
- Act as our internal expert on a number of our European locations. Develop/ update policies and maintain relationships with external counsel to be the go-to person in the team for policy/legislative queries relating to those countries.
- Contribute to projects for example on engagement, future of work, early career development.
- Some support is available from an HR Analyst and HR Business Associate on cross-EMEA activities e.g. mobility/onboarding.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced HR Generalist
- Prior experience of working in the investment management industry, or of working in a similar financial/professional services industry and a willingness/passion to learn.
- Strong relationship management skills; highly collaborative approach.
- Effective coaching, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to manage complex employee relations issues.
- Experience with interviewing and recruiting at all levels of talent
- Solid project management and prioritisation skills; consistent execution and delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communications including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, self directed, manage ambiguity and think out of the box is essential.
- Experience of debriefing individuals and teams using psychometric tools would be a plus.
- European language skills are a plus, as is experience of providing HR support to employees in European locations.
- A University degree is preferred.
- Professional HR qualifications are a plus.