HR Business Partner
A highly desirable HR Business Partner role is available at a prestigious and well known Financial Services business. The HRBP will report directly into and work very closely with the HR Director to provide a first class HR Service to 130 employees. The role will also work closely with junior HR staff to help develop them and with HR Shared Service.
The role will be a true partner to the business and will require that unique combination of hands on generalist HR experience within a demanding high touch, high pace environment as well as the ability to think strategically and contribute to a range of project work, both within the region and globally.
The successful candidate will need to be an excellent relationship builder with the business, low ego and non-hierarchical, coupled with being high energy and fun to work with.
- Experience and confidence in building and managing complex relationships at all levels
- Strong HR business partnering skills; able to operate effectively and build rapport with a bright and demanding client group.
- Low ego and non-hierarchical team player - ability to be hands on as well as strategically minded.
- Self-starter, proactive, self-motivated with a solution-oriented approach and a drive to achieve results.
- Credible, respected, personable, with a strong client service ethic.
- Project and change management skills, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Commercial with a good level of knowledge around the latest HR thinking - e.g. workplace of the future; agile working; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Enthusiastic about keeping up to date with changes in the regulatory and geo-political environment that might impact on the firm, e.g. ongoing impact of Brexit; employment law and regulatory changes, etc.
- Other key skills include: numerate, strong written and verbal communication skills, accurate with a high attention to detail, can assimilate data and draw conclusions in a connected way, resilient and able to handle a high workload.
- undergraduate degree
- recognized HR qualification (CIPD preferred)
- good understanding of best practice HR policies and procedures
- knowledge and hands on experience of UK employment law is necessary
- experience of extensive working with MS Office and HR platforms (e.g. PeopleSoft, Taleo)
- Must be able to create and deliver reports and presentations
- track record of operating as a largely autonomous business partner
- comes from a professional services environment
- financial services and specifically asset management experience an advantage