UK Communications Manager
UK Communications Manager Job
Oakleaf are working with a forward thinking and innovative Tech company. They are looking for a tenacious and analytical Communications Manager to support our busy proactive and reactive press office work in the UK, with an emphasis on corporate or policy communications.
You'll have a good understanding of the UK media landscape and be no stranger to working in a busy press office, having been at the front line of managing daily media requests and drafting responses in a highly demanding and time critical environment. You'll also have experience of developing and executing high-profile communications initiatives and campaigns.
The ideal candidate needs to be creative, hard-working, and someone who can build good relationships with UK reporters to ensure accurate reporting and that our voice is heard. They need to be able to thrive in a demanding, fast-moving environment and work on a number of issues or projects simultaneously. From crafting reactive press office responses to building proactive plans, the ideal candidate has excellent communication and writing skills and is capable of articulating complex issues in an easy-to-digest manner.
The role is on an initial 12 month basis paying up to £60 per hour!
UK Communications Manager Job Responsibilities
- Work in a busy reactive press office, handling complex and sensitive issues which require prioritisation, cross-team input and internal management;
- Be on the front line talking to media, responding to enquiries, drafting comments, monitoring coverage and social media;
- Work with PR agency and liaise with internal teams across EMEA and globally to build media responses;
- Execute communications strategies and initiatives to support Instagram's operations in UK;
- Work and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, particularly with policy, product, partnerships and marketing;
- Help pitch positive stories; either local initiatives or tailoring global news for a UK audience, across national, broadcast, consumer and trade press;
- Prepare briefing materials and draft op-eds and posts.
UK Communications Manager Job Requirements
- 4+ years professional experience in communications or public relations;
- Proven experience working in a busy press office environment, handling daily issues and enquiries from media - ideally with some experience working in tech;
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment;
- Ability to grasp and understand multiple complex global policies, distilling down how they might impact at a UK level;
- Good judgement, ability to multitask and prioritise;
- Excellent communications and decision-making skills;
If you feel that this UK Communications Manager Job is for you! Then please apply now!