Head of Capability
This is a 12 month Fixed Term contract working on Capability and Talent in a Major UK Finance Function.
This role encompasses managing a refreshed Finance Academy, the capability framework and new skill sets required of finance professionals and shared services teams. It also partners with the recruitment teams to build a pipeline of talent and an employer brand to attract the very best talent in the market.
At heart our client is a Technology Company but with a strong background in Telecoms and Telecommunications.
Our client has over 100 years of success and is considered a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure.
The Head of Capability will form part of the Leadership of a Project Team working on a major transformation of a UK Wide Finance Function.
As part of your role you will focus on Capability and Talent within the clients Finance Function. This is a key project. You will work on the following:
- Finalise a future focused capability framework for this Finance function
- Identity appropriate mechanisms to identify thematic skill gaps against the capability framework within the Finance Function.
- Oversee the refresh of the Finance Academy in partnership with the Finance Academy CFO Sponsor and HRD - ensuring that the programme prioritises the right capabilities, encompasses critical future capabilities, is aspirational yet focused and produces a fit for purpose engaging site for finance colleagues to self-drive their careers
- Ensure that the learning resources offered are relevant and impactful, utilising in house and external resources as appropriate and are tracked for ROI
- Manage the communications and engagement of the launch of the Academy and produce a plan to ensure ongoing leader-led engagement
- Ensure career pathways are brought to life on the Academy and support internal mobility and growth
- Support the build of ongoing transformational capabilities within the finance community at our client.
Talent & Mobility
- Identify opportunities to drive greater mobility across the Finance community of our client and provide greater opportunities for progression and career advancement
Leadership & Partnerships
- Support the transformation into a Learning culture within the Finance function, which is self-driven, manager supported and resource rich
- Identify skill or resource gaps in the delivery of the Capability workstream and manage appropriately
To be successful as Head of Talent you will need to demonstrate the following:
You have worked on capability build programmes, ideally supporting a Finance community
- Experience in building career pathways
- Experience of building an employer/functional brand externally, in new locations
- Experience of building new learning resources and/or identifying high quality resources to in source
- Exposure to multi-faceted finance transformation programmes eg systems, processes, data and operating model
- Experience with Finance Academy build, partnering with recruitment teams to build a pipeline of talent and employer branding to attract the very best "early careers" talent
- Have occupied a similar role within a large matrix organisation
- Any experience leading a programme that either sits within HR, or closely interfaces with HR stakeholders ( will have a dotted line into the HRD for Finance & Business Services )
You will need to be able to attend meetings in Birmingham and or Bristol.
- This Head of Capability role can be based UK wide
- You will probably need to be able to get to the Birmingham in the Midlands or Bristol in the South West for some work related meetings
- A salary of between £95,000 and £105,000 plus benefits that include a car allowance of £6,000
- This is a 12 month FTC