Senior HR Advisor (12 Month FTC)
2 days left
- Full Time
Senior HR Advisor (12 Month FTC)
30 – 37.5 hours per week
We are The Hospice of St Francis, a charity that helps people throughout Hertfordshire and South Buckinghamshire to live their precious lives well by improving symptoms, achieving personal goals, and helping them to feel safe.
We are currently looking for a talented Senior HR Advisor to join our small and friendly team for a 12 month fixed-term contract.
- Salary circa £34,000 - £35,000 per annum (pro rata for 30 hours)
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working opportunities
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Wide range of free training courses
- On-site home cooked food served at a reasonable rate in our bistro
This is an ideal opportunity for a proven HR generalist with change management experience to join our caring and compassionate team within our innovative, forward-thinking charity.
Awarded with an ‘Outstanding’ rating by the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England, our ethos is always to provide exceptional care.
What’s more, we strive for excellence in everything we do; encouraging progression, maximising opportunities and exploring fresh ideas in order to see continuous improvement.
As a Senior HR Advisor, you will guide and advise Directors, Managers and employees on HR policy, procedure, and employment legislation.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, you will recommend, research and deliver medium to largescale projects to support and underpin HR strategy, undertaking blended workforce planning.
You will also be the point of contact for escalated and complex HR issues and resolve these in a timely and professional manner, responsible for monitoring, reporting and supporting managers on key tasks, including grievance, disciplinary and absence management.
Additionally, you will:
- Be responsible for all stages of recruitment activity
- Attend meetings and committees to advise on HR strategy and issues
- Update and implement HR policies
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including diversity statistics
- Plan, deliver, evaluate and develop HR training programmes
- Support the organisations income generation activity
To be considered as a Senior HR Advisor, you will need:
- At least three years’ generalist HR experience
- Experience of managing organisational change and/or culture
- Experience of using and developing HR databases
- Experience of developing and delivering training and development
- Thorough knowledge of employment law and an understanding of HR best practice
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong respectful working relationships
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent
- To be CIPD qualified (at a minimum Level 5)
Proven experience of working in diverse communities would be advantageous, as would experience of working in a volunteering environment.
The ability to speak, write and/or sign more than one language (in addition to English) that is relevant to the population served would also be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, ER Advisor. Senior ER Advisor, or Employee Relations Advisor.
For further information and an informal discussion, please contact Angela Proctor, People Director (contact details will be provided once you select the apply button).
Please note, applicant shortlisting will take place as and when suitable individuals apply. As such, we would strongly encourage early applications as we reserve the right to close this role early, should the right person apply.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 24th June 2021.
Interviews to be held on Tuesday 29th June 2021.
Webrecruit and The Hospice of St Francis are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Senior HR Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.