A global law firm is looking for a Sustainability Manager to join their responsible business team. The role is the first specialist sustainability hire into the team; you will drive the implementation of the strategy, firmly embedding sustainability within the business, with the support of a part time assistant. The firm wide sustainability strategy works towards carbon neutral 2023 and net zero 2030.
- Provide technical knowledge and oversight to environmental / sustainability projects, identify issues and recommend solutions
- Closely monitor emissions reduction plans and liaise with our workplace services team.
- Lead the Sustainability Board, liaise with focus groups and networks.
- Tracking progress and trouble shooting, contract and budget management
- Engage and influence across the business; from landlord and contractor discussions to drafting and presenting at Executive and Global Board level
- Supporting international colleagues, contributing to the development of an international sustainability framework by sharing good practice.
- Educated to degree level with relevant post graduate qualifications (or otherwise have equivalent professional experience in a related field)
- Proven experience of a similar environmental role essential
- Implementation of carbon emissions reductions initiatives desirable
- Technical environmental or engineering experience desirable
- Managing external audits, verification and related activity (eg ISOs)
- Project management experience essential
- Management of complex change projects
- Knowledge of the professional services environment desirable
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEAM) - desirable
Apply for Sustainability Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly