HR Manager (4 or 5 days, flexible)
Our client, a commercial organisation based in Woking, Surrey are on a journey to recruit their first HR professional into their business. Having reached a total employee base of 100 this is a critical role for the business going forward.
Culturally they are proactive in supporting employees, family friendly and are very flexible. Hence this role could be 4 or 5 days a week. The role is currently work from home but will move into a hybrid working model of work from home and being in the office. The salary for this role is £35k - £40k.
They are seeking a proactive HR professional who is ready to roll up their sleeves operationally to set the wheels in motion from greenfield to fruition, this is a wonderful opportunity to really utilise your experience and make it your own from scratch. There are around 25 employees based in Woking but a wider virtual employee population virtually up to 100. This is a newly created role, with the scope to help the organisation define the role as required.
- Experience with HR policies and practices, knowledge of key regulatory considerations (They have access to senior HR consultants and legal support as needed)
- Ability and confidence to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Confident in MS Office & Teams and willing to learn new computer systems
- Flexible and self-starting - can work out what needs doing and propose solutions without very close direction
- Recruitment - updating process, liaising with agencies, organising and participating in interviews, sifting CVs and working with the senior team
- Onboarding process: updating policies & handbooks, managing onboarding process for new starters, suggesting and delivering improvements
- Ensuring everyone in the organisation has easy access to HR related activities (policies procedures etc)
- Organising HR records and ensuring they are kept in a way that can be easily accessed, used & updated
- Objectives & review process - reviewing and updating the process as needed, collating inputs and outputs, ensuring compliance and suggesting improvements
- Managing employee relations policies, procedures, performance management issues, conflict resolution etc. and escalating to senior colleagues as appropriate
- Ongoing internal happiness/engagement surveys - managing the process, assessing the results and recommending actions
- IR35 due diligence, ensuring compliance and accuracy
- Talent Management - Managing and evolving internal training programmes
- Managing and improving the internal sponsor/mentor and coaching programme
- Previous HR experience
- Flexible approach
- Happy to view the full HR remit operating operationally and managing the admin that comes within a stand alone HR role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for HR Manager (4 or 5 days, flexible)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly