Head of HR and Business Services
As the Head of HR and Business Services, you will ensure that key principles are built into the culture and practices, giving professional support and guidance, alongside promoting the spiritual, social and cultural life of the organisation. A key member of the SLT, you will be responsible for the strategic direction of the HR function.
An independent charity based north of Bristol.
As the Head of HR & Business Services, key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for the strategic direction of the Human Resources, Finance, and Administrative functions.
- Offering professional leadership and support to all team members to enable them to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Contributing to management decisions on all aspects of strategy, policy, development and organisation by playing a significant role in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the strategic development plan and the improvement plan.
- Keeping up to date with changes to good employment and safer recruitment practices to ensure compliance with the specific regulations and standards.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout, and ensuring that the HR team handbook and HR section in the staff handbook are comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Working closely with managers, providing them with expert guidance, quality advice, coaching and supporting on the full range of HR activities including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring, performance management, employment law, etc.
- Managing all employee relations and union matters, providing advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of policies, best practice and employment legislation.
- Overseeing the Accountant and Finance team.
- Overseeing the office admin staff, ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the office.
As the Head of HR & Business Services you will demonstrate:
- A recognised professional HR qualification with a thorough practical understanding of employment law and safer recruitment. Qualified to CIPD level 5 or equivalent.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Actively support the ethos of the charity.
- Experience in a related field at a similar level.
- Experience of working with budgets.
As the successful Head of HR & Business Services, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- Free on site parking
- Perkbox benefits package