ER and HR Operations Manager
A unique, hybrid role is now available with an international Financial Services business based in the City, close to Liverpool St Station. The position largely HR Generalist however will have a focus on all operational aspects of HR as well as Employee Relations, managing the HR operations function consisting of two individuals, Immigration and Comp as well.
The business themselves are in a position of strength and are growing both in the UK and internationally so it is a great opportunity to join a successful business. Additionally this role will be a genuine opportunity to help grow and shape the HR offering to the business, HR processes and contribute to the success of the team.
We are looking for candidates with a great attitude - can do, personable, approachable, passionate and people/customer orientated. Candidates will also need to have excellent all round generalist experience, be happy in an operationally focused role, enjoy working on process improvements and striving for best practice. Financial/Professional Services experience preferred.
Responsibilities: (brief list)
- Support people managers in matters relating to Employee Relations
- Primary point of contact for the Bank's Immigration Advisor
- Manage the planning, coordination and implementation of employee relocations, liaising with Global Mobility, the business the employee and other stakeholders as required.
- Primary point of contact in the UK for the year-end compensation processes for people managers
- Support people managers in executing Performance Management cycle related activities
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently analysing, developing, executing, and evaluating training projects and other activities for performance improvement
- Support HR Business Partners (global and local) in planning and managing strategies that promote and encourage a preferred employer working environment
- Work with UK HR Intake and Advisory Administration team to deliver and manage the efficient and effective response to HR-related inquiries
- Manage and oversee day to day administration activities related to Senior Manager and Certification Regime (SMCR), recruitment and onboarding
- Oversee quality standards and controls for data and data processing, monitoring and refining processes, programs and activities as required to ensure efficiency
- Manage the resourcing, scheduling and workload of direct reports, creating a strong positive team atmosphere, providing guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Participating fully as a member of the broader GBM HR team to contribute to a positive and forward thinking working environment
- University Degree or equivalent experience; specialization in Business Administration, Legal or Human Resources preferred.
- CIPD or equivalent qualification/experience
- Solid HR
- Solid and demonstrable people management experience within a matrixed environment.
- Financial Services industry experience
- Advanced level of: HR Administration, Human Resources Management, Employment Legislation (laws, rules, regulations, internal and/or external protocols relevant to the job).
- Intermediate level of recruitment, SMCR, performance management and related administration processes.
- Basic level of strategic institutional information
- Intermediate level of: MS Office and Excel
- Previous experience of managing a human resources information system (HRIS).
- Advanced level of customer focus, performance orientation, attention to detail, collaboration and influencing skills, goal focus, team focus, ability to work under pressure, efficiency, innovation, strategic thinking and