HEAD OF DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
4 DAYS PER WEEK
UP TO £60,000 PA
I am delighted to be working with this fantastic not-for-profit organisation. The Head of Diversity and Inclusion role is critical to the organisation commitment to being a more diverse and inclusive organisation and the work they do in supporting their members. The role reports into the HR Director and Director - regions and works closely with the Exco D&I Sponsors (Our Deputy Director General - Commercial and Corporate Services and Finance Director) and employee networks. The individual chairs the Diversity and Inclusion steering group, the mental health first aiders forum and the health and neurodiversity + disability (HAND) forum. This role is both strategic and operational and works with the leadership team, networks and other key stakeholders across our people, policy, membership and events teams in the delivery and implementation of the D&I strategy and the Race at Work Action plan.
The individual must be passionate about diversity and inclusion, confident in discussing different strands of diversity, experienced in delivering training in relation to D&I and with an understanding of how the role is driving culture change. They must be extremely organised with strong project management experience and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a very collaborative approach.
The role will be based in the London offices (although other locations will be considered).
The key duties will include:
- Deliver, implement and drive the organisations Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
- Deliver, implement and drive the organisations Race at Work Action Plan.
- Project management of the implementation of the strategy and separate workstreams
- Work closely with the HR and recruitment team on cross strategy people projects.
- Collate and report data to measure success and Pay Gap reporting.
- Deliver the organisations yearly Diversity and Inclusion Survey.
- Working with the Mental Health First Aider Forum supporting staff and management board and work with the business to deliver our Mental Health Strategy.
- Partner with our Commercial and Governance teams to increase the diversity of our membership councils and events.
- Work with the Policy team to deliver the organisations BAME Policy strategy.
- Work with the Commercial team to deliver the organisations BAME Commercial strategy focused on increasing the diversity within our membership base and within our events.
- Work with the organisations four-employee network in their delivery of their network strategy
- Be the point of contact for all Diversity and Inclusion queries for best practice and information.
The Organisation and its people
- Work with HR, senior leadership, and managers to ensure a wide awareness of the D & I strategy, D&I issues, and a strong understanding of inclusive leadership approaches.
- Work with the HR team to ensure development and progression pathways are put in place to support progression where barriers may occur (e.g., managing the successful delivery of the organisations sponsorship programme and supporting the Working Families network, Women network, Race Ethnicity Equality network (REEN) in the progression of women, BAME staff as well as working parents and carers.)
- Work with the HR team to help ensure that all HR policies and practices are communicated and are consistent with good practice with respect to D&I.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure a diverse range of candidates are attracted and recruited to the organisation - with specific targets around BAME and female appointments in management positions.
- Alongside HR (and other key stakeholders), ensure that pay gap reporting is completed, communicated and appropriate actions are put in place.
- Work with all the organisations diversity networks to achieve their goals and feed their input into the D & I strategy.
- Work with the HAND network to feed into leadership on our work in supporting employees with health conditions, who are neurodivergent and have a disability as we look at our return to work/hybrid plan.
- Work with the HAND network in the delivery of the Valuable 500 commitment and Disability Confident action plan
- Lead the delivery in partnership with the recruitment adviser and the policy team on the 100 Black Internship programme.
- Deliver training on Inclusive recruitment, Allyship and privilege and support in the delivery and content development of additional D&I training (including Inclusive Leadership training).
- Work with the internal and external communications team, social media team and policy team in raising awareness of key D&I dates (and where possible produce video content for our social media platforms)
- Provide input into the Staff Forum to ensure that D&I voices and issues are heard.
- Work with the HR team (and teams across the business) to capture diversity metrics to monitor trends and progress.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Experience in building a D&I Strategy from inception.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity & inclusion good practice and innovative approaches.
- Experience of applying an inclusive approach to business operations in previous roles.
- Ability to inform and persuade a range of audiences on the importance and relevance of D&I issues.
- Experience of building networks and drawing on the experience of others.
- Experience in a relevant D&I related role.
My client is looking to interview ASAP so please apply below if interested.
For further information, please contact Richard Grove on firstname.lastname@example.org